Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Atlas Lightning Sensor Vs. Stand Alone Lightning Sensor?

(1/55) > >>

SkellyCA:
Right now I have a 5-in-1, so I bought a stand alone lightning sensor. I ordered an Atlas just now, should be here in a couple days.

I see that people are having issues with the lightning sensor on the Atlas.

Is the sensor on the Atlas the same as on the stand alone?

I've had a few issues with the stand alone but it seems mostly ok. First day I had it, it showed 256 strikes. I live in the SF Bay Area, we don't get that all year. Mostly though no strikes

Also, if it is a battery issue, I ordered the external battery pack. So that seems like that would solve the battery issue?

nincehelser:

--- Quote from: SkellyCA on September 28, 2018, 10:11:55 PM ---Right now I have a 5-in-1, so I bought a stand alone lightning sensor. I ordered an Atlas just now, should be here in a couple days.

I see that people are having issues with the lightning sensor on the Atlas.

Is the sensor on the Atlas the same as on the stand alone?

I've had a few issues with the stand alone but it seems mostly ok. First day I had it, it showed 256 strikes. I live in the SF Bay Area, we don't get that all year. Mostly though no strikes

Also, if it is a battery issue, I ordered the external battery pack. So that seems like that would solve the battery issue?

--- End quote ---

I'm not 100% positive, but I think they are all based on the AS3935 chip.

Acurite actually has 3 lightning detection devices now.  One is a little belt-clip thing for golfing and other outdoor sports.  Another is the lightning temp/humidity detector that came with some 5n1 kits.  Now we have the Atlas module.

In my experience somethings these things are just fussy depending upon what man-made electrical noise is going on around you.

The Atlas devices have been performing well for me on the Farm and in the TX suburb of Round Rock.  Except for the wonky electric fence systems, all alerts have been useful and tie directly into a passing storm.

WonderWX:
I'm going to try walking around my area with the belt clip model 02020 to see if I can identify the source of the false readings on the atlas detector

wase4711:
I've gotten 139 lightning strikes today in the sunny Phoenix desert! ](*,)

WonderWX:

--- Quote from: wase4711 on September 29, 2018, 05:24:24 PM ---I've gotten 139 lightning strikes today in the sunny Phoenix desert! ](*,)

--- End quote ---

1,926 lighting strikes in 9 hours  #-o 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version