Author Topic: Is HeavyWeather Pro 2800 the only software for LaCrosse 28XX units?  (Read 13208 times)

Offline OhioSpyderman

And maybe more specifically, the ones that use the new USB dongle data transmission?

I think I know the answer, but thought I would throw it out there....

Bob.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Is HeavyWeather Pro 2800 the only software for LaCrosse 28XX units?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »
I haven't seen anything that will substitute. There are clone LaCrosse stations with their software that may work, though I've never tried it.

I use WUHU software with my ws28xx because it's so much nicer but with the WS28xx series you still need to have HW Pro running in the background.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
weather display works with that station/software...via the currdat.lst file that gets updated by the heavy weather software
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline OhioSpyderman

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:41:57 AM »
weather display works with that station/software...via the currdat.lst file that gets updated by the heavy weather software

Downloaded the trial version.....will install later today!

Thanks,

Bob.

Offline OhioSpyderman

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
I haven't seen anything that will substitute. There are clone LaCrosse stations with their software that may work, though I've never tried it.

I use WUHU software with my ws28xx because it's so much nicer but with the WS28xx series you still need to have HW Pro running in the background.

Downloaded and will give it a looksee later....

Thanks Dan!!!

Bob.

Offline OhioSpyderman

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
Downloaded trial and have a question about rainfall info....why doesn't it pull it from the currdat.lst?   
I entered starting values, but am curious if it will continue to update them as it didn't pull it from the data initially....

I have two 23" monitors and I couldn't seem to be able to resize the "dials" view...

Lots of stations supported!!!

Bob.

Downloaded the trial version.....will install later today!

Thanks,

Bob.

Offline OhioSpyderman

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »
The software in you link did not work with the WS2814, but I appreciate the effort Dan!!!

Bob.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:16:52 AM »
Hi
yes, you manually set the starting rain totals in WD

there is no gaurantee users have the rain totals set correct on the console (they might have been lost after a console reset or similar)

re dial...you could try...setup, use large screen size...and set yes...
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline timisw

• Nick's Weather Station
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
So I replaced the batteries in my WS-2813 and it would not communicate with the USB.

Working with La Crosse, they have told me to down load Heavy Weather 2800 software and gave me a link to the retired site of their own :(

They thought that the one that I downloaded from - http://heavy-weather-pro-ws-2800.software.informer.com/

... might now work correctly.

Offline mwall

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »
weewx has native support for the ws28xx stations since 2013, either directly using the usb transceiver (using the ws28xx driver), using the gw1000u bridge (using the interceptor driver), or directly from RF signals (using a $20 SDR dongle and the sdr driver).

no need for heavyweather

anything