Author Topic: Sangean CL 100  (Read 1599 times)

Offline dawgn86

Sangean CL 100
« on: June 22, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »
Hi All

Been a weather buff for years...just got a Sangean CL 100 and set it up. We actually had some alerts as I was getting it all set up.

We have a severe thunderstorm watch now for my counties listed in Multiple Codes, but the orange light on the display is not lit up. Anyone know what I may have missed?

Thanks

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Sangean CL 100
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 08:55:22 PM »
Hi All

Been a weather buff for years...just got a Sangean CL 100 and set it up. We actually had some alerts as I was getting it all set up.

We have a severe thunderstorm watch now for my counties listed in Multiple Codes, but the orange light on the display is not lit up. Anyone know what I may have missed?

Thanks

Maybe you narrowed it down too much with the codes?

I leave mine in "all" mode to pick up everything in the area.

Offline dawgn86

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 09:05:03 PM »
In Georgia, we have 156 counties so I have always narrowed mine down to the 3-4 adjacent ones by me. The watch has expired now, but I will recheck with the next one.

Offline WxFox

• Northern Androscoggin Weather
  • Happiness is having my toes in the warm sand.
    • Northern Androscoggin County Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:20:26 PM »
Hi All

Thanks

Maybe you narrowed it down too much with the codes?

I leave mine in "all" mode to pick up everything in the area.

On mine the light comes on as soon as an alert comes in. Color depending on the severity of the alert. As long as the LED is on, the alert is scrolling across the display. When the alert goes out, it contains an expiration time which sets the time when the LED will go out and the alert clears the display. I have only my county and 2 neighboring ones set up. All I can tell you is that's how it works. If it's a test, the light goes off and the alert clears as soon as the test is over or shortly after.
Davis VP2 (cabled) Uploading to PWS, Weather Underground, Weathercloud, WOW, WeatherBug, AWEKAS and Twitter, using Cumulus.  Cabled = fewer problems, less maintenance and better reliability!

Northern Androscoggin Weather:
http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011/index.php
Mobile friendly: http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011//iCumulus/#_home
CWOP AV346

Offline dawgn86

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »
When you set up does your county codes have the asterik beside them?

Offline rdsman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 10:38:21 AM »
Georgia has 159 counties.....

Ray

Offline dawgn86

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »
LOL...I stand corrected...but I am mainly concerned about the 3-4 directly around mine

Offline dawgn86

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 03:52:05 PM »
I got it figured out!

Really like the CL 100; best weather radio I have had yet.