Author Topic: Are they moving the ASOS temperature up?  (Read 5915 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Are they moving the ASOS temperature up?
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »
you should not be calling people jerks

what is with people on this forum?

They are lying to the public on my tax dollar pushing a narrative I disagree with. Jerks is the nicest term I could come up with.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:11:19 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Are they moving the ASOS temperature up?
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 04:40:44 PM »
you should not be calling people jerks

what is with people on this forum?

They are lying to the public on my tax dollar pushing a narrative I disagree with. Jerks is the nicest term I could come up with.
Question.
When you asked them about their findings did you ask in a civil manner or go in with guns a blazing?
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 04:49:32 PM »
Yes it appears to be a bit of a con job in many countries, fiddling the numbers to achieve the output "they" require. It's not so much the sensors (as such) but the way methods are being applied. Anyway they are going to have some issues fiddling this Artic cold snap :)   

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
Thanks for the link. This is what I've been using. https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/twc/climate/monthly/2017.php

I can tell you're more trustworthy than me.  :-)

I like to look at the numbers myself after finding several times fabrications and manipulated data to fit the narrative.

I trust myself provided the data itself is not corrupt.
I can't use my own data as I only have from this Feb. til now since my hard drive blew up, and like a dumbass I didn't have it backed up. That being said, all I can say is that my obs compare very favorably to TUS, there is no doubt it's hotter now than ever...here.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »
Something isn't right here. This from the MRCC certification page.

The Midwestern Regional Climate Center (MRCC) serves as a regional data archiving facility in cooperation with the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) and other federal, state and local authorities. As such, the MRCC can certify copies of climate records archived at the MRCC. As an archiving facility, the only fact the MRCC can attest to is that exact duplicates of climatic records on file at this center have been provided to those that requested such data.* This is accomplished by attaching a cover letter to the climate data signed by a climatologist stating the authenticity of the data provided.

Here's what the asterisk at the end of that sentence states.
 *MRCC cannot certify the accuracy or completeness of the data.

If that is the case how can they publish a climate map if they aren't a 100% the data is correct?

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »
Something isn't right here. This from the MRCC certification page.

Here's what the asterisk at the end of that sentence states.
 *MRCC cannot certify the accuracy or completeness of the data.

If that is the case how can they publish a climate map if they aren't a 100% the data is correct?

Humm... maybe why they never reply.
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »
Also, your tax dollars aren't being used. I think. :???:

The MRCC certification is similar to the certification provided by NCEI.  The MRCC is not a federal agency under the U.S. Department of Commerce and therefore cannot certify documents using the U.S. Department of Commerce seal as provided by NCEI. Typically, the MRCC certification is adequate to submit climate data records as evidence. However, customers are urged to order certified records directly from NCEI if local law requires it.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »
Thanks for the link. This is what I've been using. https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/twc/climate/monthly/2017.php

I like to look at the numbers myself after finding several times fabrications and manipulated data to fit the narrative.

I can't use my own data as I only have from this Feb. til now since my hard drive blew up, and like a dumbass I didn't have it backed up. That being said, all I can say is that my obs compare very favorably to TUS, there is no doubt it's hotter now than ever...here.

Ever is a long time. I know what you mean since records started.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2017, 05:22:23 PM »
Yes it appears to be a bit of a con job in many countries, fiddling the numbers to achieve the output "they" require. It's not so much the sensors (as such) but the way methods are being applied. Anyway they are going to have some issues fiddling this Artic cold snap :)

No kidding, I was watching Sioux Falls weather on local channel and they were saying longest period of subzero in 30 years or so going back to 1994... I think.
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »

Ever is a long time. I know what you mean since records started.
Back to the 1880's. I've lived here over 29 years now, granted only 10 with the VP2 but that's certainly confirmation for me how hot it has become...here. ;)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »
10 years is really not that long compared to the overall climate patterns over much longer. One has to denounce the weather reporters when they come out with dumb things like " yes folks it has been the hottest day on record since 1973 (or whatever)", whaat you mean it was hotter before then duh

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
10 years is really not that long compared to the overall climate patterns over much longer.
Yeah, I get that. Only thing, the other 19 years without a PWS, when I went to work I had TUS and DMA ASOS's to stare at for 8 hours.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 06:32:46 AM »
My Blog on this:
Yearly summary 2017 Mean temperature 49.0 (+1.1) above normal. High (108), Low (-20). Peak wind gust (49 mph), Precipitation 20.37 (+.35) This was the coolest year in last 3, or since beginning of this stations data.

Contrarily airport mean temperature was (50.5) 5th warmest ever. Airport was within a few tenths every year prior until now (+1.5) above this station and surrounding stations continuing into 2018. Changeover +1.7 was recorded and observed by MADIS in March which was same time I noticed the sudden rise. MADIS is meteorological observational database and data delivery system which tracks all data.

The irony of it all, its now confirmed right here in Nebraska "Man Made Warming" is real by just turning the thermometers up and bingo you have it. To my surprise while researching it was pointed out by another weather enthusiast, these Airport ASOS stations everyone thought so accurate including myself actually have loose tolerances on thermometer (+/- 2F) so weather records can get smashed by just having poorly calibrated instrument.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »
Here are the mean temperatures from prior years and station differences.

2016  50.2F      Airport ASOS     50.3F
2015  49.2F      Airport ASOS     49.5F

At now last year 2017

2017   49.0F (coolest of 3 years)   Airport ASOS   50.5F ( 5th Warmest on record) Goes back into 1800's
Randy

anything