Author Topic: Boost signal THGR810 to base unit?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline lrbaldwin

• Chatterbox Too in Duck, NC
Boost signal THGR810 to base unit?
« on: November 19, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
I have my new OS PWS working with rain gauge about 80' away, straight shot through a window.  Everything else is also communicating, but the main reason I got this unit is so that we can watch the wine cellar temps while we're traveling and also from our house.  The cellar is on the ground floor of a brick building, a small room of drywall and insulation.  I have put the 810 on a shelf in the cellar facing and approximately at the same level as the base unit.  The wall of the building is brick, about 50' away, and the cellar is another 6' or so inside the building.  Is there any device that I can get that would boost the signal?  I have a very inexpensive Acurite sensor that I just now put next to the OS sensor in the cellar, and its base reads the cellar temp just fine, and it's not even in a window.

Oh my goodness!  There's a post somewhere that somebody clipped one of those big paper clips to the antenna. It's not the kind made from one piece of wire, but the clip part on the bottom is black and 2" long.  You squeeze the two "handles" to open it.  I don't know how stable this will be, but the base IMMEDIATELY picked up the sensor signal from the wine cellar!!!  Will report after a few days.  Thanks so much to whomever posted this solution!

Thanks,
Linda
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:39:58 PM by lrbaldwin »
Linda Baldwin

anything