Author Topic: Weatherlink 6.0.3 PC  (Read 2669 times)

Offline flyingdutchwx

Weatherlink 6.0.3 PC
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »
Question for the community this evening.

The Weatherlink 2.0 transition happened for me yesterday afternoon. Since the transition to WL 2.0, I cannot download any data from my Vantage Pro 2 to my PC anymore. Do I have to pay for my data now, or is there a workaround?

Thanks, Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Weatherlink 6.0.3 PC
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:00:04 PM »
Upgrade your PC WeatherLink to 6.0.4 which will then allow you to input the Device ID (DID) in the web Download box. WeatherLink 6.0.4 (upgrade version) can be downloaded free from the Davis web site.   

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 03:06:16 AM »
Upgrade your PC WeatherLink to 6.0.4 which will then allow you to input the Device ID (DID) in the web Download box. WeatherLink 6.0.4 (upgrade version) can be downloaded free from the Davis web site.

No problem at all with updating to v604 - it's a good idea - but you don't _need_ to do this to download archive data from 2.0. Simply substitute the DID for the user name in the web download settings. v603 will allow you to do this quite happily.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:31:42 AM »

No problem at all with updating to v604 - it's a good idea - but you don't _need_ to do this to download archive data from 2.0. Simply substitute the DID for the user name in the web download settings. v603 will allow you to do this quite happily.

I thought when I tried that with 6.0.3 it would not accept the Device ID (DID)? Also thought this was 1 of the 3 changes made to 6.0.4, DID authorization?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 05:16:14 AM »
I thought when I tried that with 6.0.3 it would not accept the Device ID (DID)? Also thought this was 1 of the 3 changes made to 6.0.4, DID authorization?

No, v603 should work fine with a DID (provided of course that the target site is indeed on 2.0 and not still on 1.0). All that 604 does is to provide some text reminder that entering the DID is OK.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
Thanks for the tip about an upgrade to Weatherlink 6.0.4.....I'll make sure to change the DID in the download box as well........wasn't even aware there was an upgrade!

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »
Downloaded weatherlink 6.0.4. I made my DID "flyingdutchwx", do I make my password the same as I use to access weatherlink online? Currently, I keep getting the "no data to download"..... thanks!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »
Your station is showing on the map and data appears to be current.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 11:35:37 PM »
Downloaded weatherlink 6.0.4. I made my DID "flyingdutchwx", do I make my password the same as I use to access weatherlink online? Currently, I keep getting the "no data to download"..... thanks!

DID is the Device ID, in the case of a WLIP then the MAC address (without colon separation works), password will be your V2 account login password

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 05:59:49 AM »
Thanks Matt.  I'll give that a shot when I get home this afternoon!

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 06:10:57 AM »
Here's my view of the weatherlink map.......my site is there, but no data.........unless there is a new Weatherlink map that I don't know about..........

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 06:27:43 AM »
That map is a WeatherLink V1 version, you have migrated to WeatherLink V2 so there will be no data showing on the old WeatherLink V1. Can you login into WL Ver 2?

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 06:40:08 AM »
Hi Matt.......just shows how unfamiliar I am with the new WP2 software.......found the map, and I'm on it..........thanks for the patience!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »
Paul @flyingdutchwx,
I had previously figured out how to add saved weatherlink.com sites so have yours, UWO, and other local stations on my station Saved page.  Now trying the share feature and have just shared mine with you.  Are you able to see mine from your page's Shared tab?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
Hi Paul

Think I need my upgrade my account to manage shared stations.......still running the "Basic" station right now.

Thanks Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »
Hi Paul,

I am using the free Basic and was able to Save station, and go through the Share with you by entering your flyingduchwx username, at least from what my weatherlink.com says.

From the map select a station, open their Bulletin, click on the white ribbon underneath Add Devices, and it should become black to indicate it is a saved station.  Clicking on a black ribbon will remove it from Saved.

Not yet fully familiar with Share but from your Bulletin underneath  Device Tier: Basic click on the down arrow by your station name to open the station list for your station saved and shared, click on Shared and hopefully mine will be listed there.Below the Add Device click on the black arrow to share and manage your shares.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline flyingdutchwx

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 11:36:04 AM »
Hi Paul

Making a little more sense now......found your station under the "shared" tab.......added the UWO Geography station as well in my "saved" tab......

Cheers Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 01:03:29 PM »
I get...
No one has shared a station with you yet.
  :(

Enjoy,
Paul

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 01:29:49 PM »
[Really ought to be discussing this in the WL section, but anyway...]

Davis are a little tardy in releasing proper Help or documentation for the newer features of 2.0. But off the top of my head I think you need to have a Pro subscription to offer to share a station with someone, which will then give you access to their archive data etc.

This isn't to be confused with seeing Bulletin data which AFAIK you can do for any public station that you know the name of or can locate on the map. You can then choose to add this to your Saved list if you wish. But this isn't the same as Sharing. Attached are the details of the different accounts again:

Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

anything