Author Topic: WeatherlinkIP is updating to WL and WU, but not barometer or data for charts  (Read 684 times)

Offline TOSHIO

In the WL 2.0 software it appears that the bulletin information except for barometer is updating properly. This week I sprung for the Pro version to get the charts, but 4 days later I don't have the charts or data tab working.

I have rebooted the station, confirmed the WLIP is inserted, reset my rounters, revised my router DNS to 8.8.8.8, and confirmed that I can look at the WLIP IP address and see the simple interface.

I tried to update the console as it is running 3.12, but while the Windows WL software can find it, the updater can't, and manually setting the address doesn't help. (WLIP is running 1.13).

I have a ticket into Davis, but it's been a few days. any thoughts? I normally use a OSX machine, so if I need to run W10 I use a virtual machine.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Do you have a VP2 display console? Is the pressure reading OK there? Is the date (and year) on the console fully correct?

If local pressure and date are OK then wait for a response from Davis - it sounds like an issue at wl.com and only Davis can sort this out. I believe that Davis support are being worked very hard at present and response times are extended.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline wxmanmhd

• FM Weather
I also have a question regarding WeatherLink IP.  I see WeatherLink IP downloads to WU and CWOP every 15 minutes.  Can that be changed to every 5 minutes?  I am paying $40 a year and I can not change anything. I like that I don’t have to use my computer but with my old Ambient I could set when I downloaded to WU etc and no fee!

Online johnd

• Forecaster
I also have a question regarding WeatherLink IP.  I see WeatherLink IP downloads to WU and CWOP every 15 minutes.  Can that be changed to every 5 minutes?  I am paying $40 a year and I can not change anything. I like that I don’t have to use my computer but with my old Ambient I could set when I downloaded to WU etc and no fee!

There's lots of things that you can change in Pro, but the upload frequency to external networks is not one of them, currently at least.

There's some suggestion that Davis might be willing to update more often but that the limitation has been requested by eg WU (which I could understand given the flakiness of WU in general), but no easy way of knowing whether that's true or not. But it sounds credible because given that there are eg 30,000 users of wl.com, the impact of a substantial proportion of them potentially hitting the WU servers within several seconds of one another eg every 5 minutes might need some significant scaling at WU. But please let's not go too far down that rabbit hole - it's only a theory and it doesn't alter the fact that you can't control the update interval.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline wxmanmhd

• FM Weather
Thank You Johnd. I used a third party software to change my uploads from 15 minutes to 5 minutes to my weatherlink account. Now if we could get the NOAA reports I would be happy which I have heard rumors might be in the works.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
Now if we could get the NOAA reports I would be happy which I have heard rumors might be in the works.

Well, I'd be pretty sure it is in the works, but difficult to know when exactly. In the meantime, Prowlar might be your friend - look at wxdata.net and log in with demo/demo. Check the Help PDF for more info.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK