Author Topic: NaN  (Read 1289 times)

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
NaN
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »
Hi Ken,

I am suffering from the NaN issue again.  It started at aprox 1330 EDT yesterday.  When I arrived home today, I changed the battery in the ISS (last time I changed was in November so it should have still been good) and in the console.  I've rebooted the Meteobridge a few times.  Each time it restarts, I get the message "gave up waiting on sensors after 120 secs".  Strange thing is that I have SD running in test on port 22222 of the bridge and it is seeing data since I came home and rebooted and fussed and so on.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Chris

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: NaN
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:35:38 PM »
Your MBtags.php seems to be updating correctly.

I think you need to reload the HTTP update to conds.php .. the MBrealtime.txt comes up with un-processed MB tags instead of values.  Then the JavaScript ajaxMBwx.js gets the 'NaN' (Javascript for 'Not a Number') for the numerical data displays.
12/07/2018 21:34:49 [th0temp-act] [th0hum-act.0] [th0dew-act] [wind0avgwind-act] [wind0wind-act] [wind0dir-act] [rain0rate-act] 0.0 [thb0seapress-act] [wind0dir-act] [wind0wind-act=bft.0] m/s C hPa mm -- -- 0.4 346.8 0.0 [thb0temp-act] [thb0hum-act] [wind0chill-act] -- 28.6 16:21 28.6 16:21 1.3 17:37 1.3 17:37 1020.2 17:37 1020.2 17:37 3.7 12247 [wind0wind-max10] 0 0 -- -- -- -- [rain0total-sum60] -- 0 -- -- -- m -- 15:17 -- -- --
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:03:17 AM »

I think you need to reload the HTTP update to conds.php .. the MBrealtime.txt comes up with un-processed MB tags instead of values.  Then the JavaScript ajaxMBwx.js gets the 'NaN' (Javascript for 'Not a Number') for the numerical data displays.
12/07/2018 21:34:49 [th0temp-act] [th0hum-act.0] [th0dew-act] [wind0avgwind-act] [wind0wind-act] [wind0dir-act] [rain0rate-act] 0.0 [thb0seapress-act] [wind0dir-act] [wind0wind-act=bft.0] m/s C hPa mm -- -- 0.4 346.8 0.0 [thb0temp-act] [thb0hum-act] [wind0chill-act] -- 28.6 16:21 28.6 16:21 1.3 17:37 1.3 17:37 1020.2 17:37 1020.2 17:37 3.7 12247 [wind0wind-max10] 0 0 -- -- -- -- [rain0total-sum60] -- 0 -- -- -- m -- 15:17 -- -- --

Not quite sure what you mean by reload.  Do you mean a new copy of conds.php or a new copy of the tags in the Meteobridge screen?  There isn't a reload option for that particular file as you can see.  When I trigger manually, the tags do upload, but aren't converted.  I'll try a fresh copy of conds.php and see what happens.

Chris

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:06:24 AM by chrisgrainger »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:42:11 AM »

Not quite sure what you mean by reload.  Do you mean a new copy of conds.php or a new copy of the tags in the Meteobridge screen?  There isn't a reload option for that particular file as you can see.  When I trigger manually, the tags do upload, but aren't converted.  I'll try a fresh copy of conds.php and see what happens.

Chris
There is a button, called "Reload template" on the line with the FTP on the "Services" tab.
===
Make sure to hit reload and wait 1 minute for the upload to happen.
But I think there is another problem.
This is the uploaded file at your server:   http://www.rideauwx.info/MBtags.php?sce=view
Only the historical values are in the file.  => th0temp-dmin|28.6|
All "Live data"  values are missing. => th0temp-act|--|

First check the "LiveData" tab in your Meteobridge. Is the live data received bij the MB?
if not, than  the connection is lost between the MB and your weather-station.
You can check that at the "System" tab and you should restart the Meteobridge when there is no live data.

The reason for losing contact between the Meteobridge and the weather-station is often the missing USB2.0 hub or a faulty hub. The hub is needed for all USB1.0 weather-stations, such as Davis.

===
Your realtime file http://www.rideauwx.info/MBrealtime.txt  also has no "live data" values from the outside sensors.   => [th0temp-act]
Only from the console.  => pressure in hPa 1020.2
So maybe the console is not receiving the outside values from the weather-station?
Wim
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:48:38 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »
If your System tab shows something like
HTTP Upload:    2018-07-13 06:41:02 Success!
, then I suggest you try rebooting your Meteobridge .. something has gone awry with the internal processing of the tags on the URL with the HTTP upload.   Does your 'Live Data' tab show values for the data from your station?

You showed the Test button worked, but still the data tags are incompletely processed by Meteobridge.  It may be something that requires Boris to diagnose and suggest a fix.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:27:39 AM »
Hey Wim and Ken,

First off, let me express my thanks to you both for having a look at this issue.  Very cool that you take the time to help out.  \i owe you both a beer or three.

So... looks as if the Bridge isn't even getting data from the station.  I've attached the live tab and the section that is supposed to show the live data.... isn't.  Wim, I did try all of your suggestions and it wasn't until I looked at that page very closely, that I twigged on the missing data.  Thanks muchly for your help.  I guess I will shoot a message at Boris to see if it's something that is fixable or if I need new hardware.  I did confirm that the USB hub is still connected and powered.  I don't have another one here at home so I can't test that. 

Ken, I did try another reboot of the Bridge.  Curiously, there isn't that message in the System section about giving up on data after waiting 2 minutes.  So, I'm looking more closely at the hardware cause even after uploading a fresh conds.php, I still have the NaN issue.... but you know that already, didn't you....  ;-)

Again, Thanks for the help.

Chris

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:20:05 PM »
So... apparently, there is now a section in the station setup for Davis Stations that allows Meteobridge to configure the console.  When I enabled Meteobridge to set some of those settings, voila!

Not sure why everything worked ok until day-before-yesterday, unless Meteobridge rebooted and downloaded the version with this feature.  At any rate, back online. 

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!

Chris

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »
So... apparently, there is now a section in the station setup for Davis Stations that allows Meteobridge to configure the console.  When I enabled Meteobridge to set some of those settings, voila!

Not sure why everything worked ok until day-before-yesterday, unless Meteobridge rebooted and downloaded the version with this feature.  At any rate, back online. 

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!

Chris
I hope you are right, but I doubt it.  You were already on 3.7, setting the console does not influence the connection.
Problem is that on the LiveData tab the times are in minutes it should be seconds.
Wind is normally something like 6 seconds, see attached screenshot "sensors".

So this simply means that there is some communication, between the Meteobridge and the console/logger.
But it will fail shortly, the --- data will be presented.
Maybe later communication is back for some time, but it will fail.

Check carefully if all cables are connected and check the log on the system tab.  Check if some of the cables came disconnected.
I attached a screenshot of the log at the bottom of the system tab. It shows how a  a normal situation should look. Only a few messages when starting days ago, no other messages.

Your problem is definitely NOT a normal situation.

Wim
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:48:47 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
Son of a..... :x

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 07:02:53 AM »
Boris figured it out pretty quickly.  I had Weather Display running and connected through port 22222.  For some reason, WD was connecting, asking for data, and then doing nothing with it, thus hanging Meteobridge.  Shutting WD down fixed the problem instantly.  So, now to figure out what I did to WD on Tuesday that caused this cause I've had it running for several months with no issues.

Thanks again for the help, guys.

Cheers!

Chris

anything