Author Topic: HAniS Animated US GOES WFO Satellite Loops  (Read 7125 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: HAniS Animated US GOES WFO Satellite Loops
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »
As of this morning, the NOAA OSPO has modified the loops to include 'SPECIAL MESSAGE:' without the text.  Since this is what Curly's code searches for, a simple addition of a space after the ':' overcomes the problem.

A modified script versioned '2b 20151210' is now up on my site.  See here for more information.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline txweathergeek

• TXweathergeek
    • The Weather Geek
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »
Hello,

I loaded the script and it appears to be working just fine except that it default loads Omaha Nebraska Forecast office when I have it set up (attachment) to load to the Fort Worth Texas office? Did I miss something? Thanks

http://dfweathergeek.com/wxus-allloops-wfo-h5.php

Txweathergeek

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »
Hello,

I loaded the script and it appears to be working just fine except that it default loads Omaha Nebraska Forecast office when I have it set up (attachment) to load to the Fort Worth Texas office? Did I miss something? Thanks

http://dfweathergeek.com/wxus-allloops-wfo-h5.php

Txweathergeek
There's a bug in 'inc-show-region-wfo-h5.php' that's causing this.  A new version '1d 20151210' that takes care of the problem.  I introduced the problem when I failed to comment out all of my debugging code.  Sorry... :-( (I also installed a 'fail-safe' to prevent this from occurring if I make the same mistake in the future.)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline txweathergeek

• TXweathergeek
    • The Weather Geek
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
That fixed it! Thanks so much.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 08:04:54 AM »
The NOAA Satellite and Information Service has changed the display of these loops to Pop-Up Windows in New Tabs.  This required a new value for the iframe computation in 'wxus-allloops-h5.php', the only script that I think needs to be changed.  A new version of this script is available on my site.  (I've left the prior code in place but commented out in case I need to reinstate parts of it in the future.)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 11:04:51 AM »
Howdy Jerry.  Thanks for the work on the sat loop scripts!  I had a few minutes this morning and edited my website...the scripts are running great!  Good job!!!!

Ed

ETA: http://www.beeweather.com/wxus-allloops-wfo-h5.php

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
Once again the 'Special Message' is present on all NOAA OSPO pages, but with slightly different parameters.  In addition Albuquerque, NM requires special treatment, so both the main script and the dependent script are now Version 20171225.  Additionally a switch, $useSSLWarning, has been added to optionally display a warning when this script is used on an SSL site where the loops won't display.  I have both an SSL and a non-SSL site, so rather than try to maintain two versions of my main menu I've opted for the SSL warning.
NOTE:  GOES-East is now GOES-16, so the resolution of the loops using this satellite is much improved.

The updated scripts are available in the first post of this thread.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

anything