Author Topic: POST your currently updating webcam image here!  (Read 96703 times)

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
POST your currently updating webcam image here!
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
It occurred to me that while we have a forum board for people to post a link to their webcam, we don't have a post that includes current, updating images from our webcams.  Most likely, when a member comes to this forum to research information on setting a a weather webcam, they look to see what other people are using.  The problem is that one has to wade through a myriad of posts to see all the images that our webcams capture.  I'm hoping that we can make this topic a "sticky topic" so that we might help other members figure out what they want to try regarding the setup of a new webcam.

All I ask is that you only post image links to images that are regularly updated, preferably with a time-stamp on the image (but not required).   Also, include the type of webcam and software you are using to capture images, as well as if it is mounted inside or outsideFull resolution images only please.

I have 4 Hikvision IP cameras (3 MP) that are mounted on the anemometer mast which is mounted on my roof.  I'm using IP Timelapse to capture the images every 15 seconds to create a time lapse movie, and to place the weather data on the image (from VWS). 

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:31:47 PM by piconut »
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
  • Virtual VP
  • Virtual Weather Station V15.00
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: POST your currently updating webcam image here!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »
Update 4/23/14:  I have a Foscam FI8905.  It looks good so far (for the view that I have to work with).  Time will tell if it works consistently.  I upload with YAWCAM to the website every 30 seconds.  There is a night light behind the house (you can see the bottom of the power pole on the right edge of the picture) which helps night vision (IR turned off).  The camera is inside looking through a window and storm window.  I may try to move it outside in a couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:13:54 PM by SlowModem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
Camera Type: Panasonic BB-HCM531A
Software: SebecTec IPTimelapse webcam
Mounted: inside
The view is S which isn't the best, early in the day.
I just started using SebeTec software, which works well for me, weather data overlay is from my WU feed.

I just recently copied an idea I saw here, put a shelve on top of my office window, put the camera in a small box, spray painted flat black.
It really should be outside.

Now to add a second cam.

Kudos to piconut for mounting on anemometer mask, I may try that in the spring.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:30:40 PM by ed2kayak »
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »
3 cams for me. All DLink brand. Snowcam (DCS-942) used WD to capture and upload the image.
This one will become a hummingbird or bluebird cam in the spring.

Front and back cams use Webcam 7 to upload every 15 minutes and stream.

Frontcam (Hikivision DS-2CD2032-I HD PoE Camera) updated 9/2015

Backcam (DCS-942)

You'll see lots of snow on these all tomorrow  :grin:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:31:30 PM by CNYWeather »
Tony

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39:52 PM »
Here is our first cam. Just a cheap bullet cam placed outside in 2004.

This is our Toshiba IK-WB21A ptz cam.

Bob
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:15:57 AM by racenet »
www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline Ian.

• Forecaster
    • Chatteris Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »

Sebectec software with Olympus SP500UZ digital camera here with Weather Display providing the overlay and upload
CWOP - DW3371
PWS - ICAMBRID16
https://www.chatteris.biz

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »
At the present time, I only have one webcam but am working on getting a second one going later this coming summer. Mine is a Logitech QuickCam Fusion HD PRO C920. It points to the SSW towards the Carson Range.

This camera is near-sighted (out-of-focus). A -2 diopter lens is on order and will be installed once it arrives. I may increase the image size if the correcting lens works.

EDITED: 2/6/2014 9:39pm - Received and installed the -2 diopter lens this evening. Not sure what effect, if any, it may have had. Won't really know until tomorrow morning...

EDITED: 2/27/2014 3:49pm PST - Changed camera setting from 320x240 to 640x480 to see if that helped with resolution. It did not. Still not very clear even with the -2 diopter lens attached.

EDITED: 8/27/2014 8:22am PDT - Changed camera to a Logitech HD PRO C920 set 640x480 with the "Hubble Fix" of -2 diopter lense adapter. Looks much better than ther original camera!

EDITED: 8/31/2015 7:53pm PDT - Second HD PRO C920 is about ready to be installed. Hope to have it on-line by the end of September (can't rush into things, you know...)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:40:58 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline gt651

• mnlakecams.com
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
Not exactly a weather cam but a lot of people use it for weather - StarDot XL 3MP.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:35:20 AM by gt651 »

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »
The StarDots have been retired.  I now have a couple of HikVision's.  One faces north and looks onto our townhome commons:

The other faces south looking onto our street:

The overlays are supplied by ImageSalsa using VWS data.

As you can see, the images are used in my avatar and signature banner.

In order to see everyone's latest images you might need to refresh this page with <Ctrl><F5> or <Shift><F5>.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:08:09 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
Nebraska cams  DS-2CD2232-I5. 3MP EXIR Bullet Camera

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:45:03 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline MackerelSky

• Contributor
    • McKean County Weather, Smethport Pa.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
Here's ours.

A HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I 4mm IP facing NW out over the backyard, located under the eave of my house. We use Sebectec software for time/temp stamping and making the videos. No pics taken at night

And one day, we might even have some sun back
Brad
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:44:23 PM by MackerelSky »
Mckean County Weather
Located on upper Marvin Creek
https://mckeanweather.com/
Davis VP2 + fars
Cumulus 1.9.4-b1092

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 05:31:43 PM »
The Saratoga webcam is a Panasonic BB-HCM735A and Image Salsa V2.0.13 software provides the annotation feed.  The camera is on the roof line of the house, facing North-East along Scotland Drive.  Since the cam has good low-light response, and we're in a urban-light area, the image is available day and night.

The Panasonic is a PoE device so is powered through the Ethernet cable from a PoE switch in the weather station room.  Image Salsa grabs the image from the webcam once per second, adds annotation, and saves the image to a XAMPP Apache server on the weather station system where a PHP script picks it up and sends it to the browser (or sends a 'WebCam is offline' image if the image is too old).  The netcam page on the site uses JavaScript to reload the image a set number of times, then time out (so I won't get campers on the netcam page).

Best regards,
Ken

Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline areesemd

• Seneca Falls Weather
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
Olympus SP-500UZ using Sebectec software, looking WNW out an attic window.
Second camera, Olympus C4000Z, looking E out attic window.  Subzero temperatures often affect image in winter.

Removed the above 2 cameras (they got old and tired).  Now using a Nest camera:

This is processed through Meteobridge, where size/resolution are decreased and text is added.

I have brought the Olympus SP-500UZ back to life because it takes such good pictures.  Looking NW out an attic window:

Image:

http://weather.mumbojimbo.no-ip.info/modules/front_cam/ajax_update_data.php

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:25:38 PM by areesemd »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »

I would like to have more ground, but there is a large sound barrier wall from the HWY.
I am using a simple Logitech web cam.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:17:28 PM by chief-david »

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »

Camera: Logitech USB C920 Pro
Modification:  Mike's "Hubble Fix" with a Nikon -2 diopter
Mount:  Mounted outdoors in pvc security camera housing
Connection:  10-meter active USB extender
Computer:  Intel Core2 Duo 3.0GHz 64-bit w/4gb RAM
Webcam Software:  webcamXP Free v5.7.4.0 Build 38112
Image Rez: 1024x576
Image Size: Averages ~60kb
Update Interval: Still image every 25 seconds

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 07:35:41 PM »
Here are my three webcams... Snow started about 45 minutes ago. Expecting 4" to 8" with ice possible after snowfall.

Cam 1 Facing East - Logitech 9000 with Hubble Fix. Mounted outside in an outdoor security cam enclosure.

Cam 2 Snow Cam - D-Link 933L - Mounted outside in a waterproof Halogen Lamp enclosure with the lamp removed. Hardwired with Cat 6.

Cam 3 Facing West - Axis 211 with night vision. Mounted outside in an outdoor security cam enclosure.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:04:17 PM by Jumpin Joe »
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 Camera Facing North.

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 Camera Facing South.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:27:33 PM by Dr Obbins »

Offline smorris

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Long Road Station
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »
Note: All images are automatically reduced by the forum software. Click on the image to view full resolution.

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 with the -2 diopter Hubble correction, mounted indoors, and running on an Apple iMac via EvoCam v3.7.5 from ecological.com This camera only uploads images during daylight hours.

Sharx Security SCNC 3905 outdoor wireless IP camera (set to run at 1280 X 720 rather than full resolution 1920 X 1080) running through EvoCam

Sharx Security SCNC 3905 outdoor wireless IP camera running through EvoCam

Olympus SP-500UZ, mounted indoors, and running on SebecTec Webcam Ultra v3.6.4 on Windows XP Pro via Parallels Desktop on my Apple iMac.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:01:37 PM by smorris »
Steve - Avon, Ohio
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/FARS, Leaf & Soil Station

CWOP • WU • AWEKAS • CoCoRaHS • Skywarn • MWWN • UK Met • PWS • WeatherBug • TwitterFacebook

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »
Some great looking cams. Makes me not even want to post mine after spending close to $500 and it looks like poo poo.

Axis M-1113-E mounted on my mast about 50' above the ground to get it above the trees looking west-ish.

Running ImageSalsa.

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
I just noticed this link....  It was WAY out of date  :oops:, so here is updated information:

I have 3 cams that run 24/7..... About 3,500 images per day per cam.  I upload a 420x236 thumbnail, a 1024x576 image and a 1920x1080 image once a minute per cam.  Every hour I upload a time lapse video of the previous 3 hours from each cam as well.  At the end of the day, I upload a time lapse of the completed day.  I capture 3 images per minute, so the time lapse run time is approximately 18 seconds.  The thumbnails are aligned to form a "panorama" at the top of my site www.SkunkBayWeather.com.  I am using Sebectec software and the Olympus SP500 cams.  My enclosure is home made with cedar siding to match the house.  The view is looking up Admiralty Inlet and Whidbey Island.  For perspective, here is what the cams are looking at:

I have a page with images and the time lapses all on one page:

http://www.skunkbayweather.com/SkunkBayWebcam.html

Here is Cam 1.  The flagpole is the mast off the first boat my Dad built in the 30's.

Cam 2 looks at Whidbey Island with Mt. Baker in the background when it is clear:

Cam 3 also looks at Whidbey Island with the Cascade Mountain range in the background:

I recently added a live streaming cam that runs during daylight hours:

http://www.skunkbayweather.com/SBWLiveCam.html
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:48:25 PM by GregJ »
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:16 AM »
This is my Panasonic PTZ cam PHP script-generated "panoranimated" GIF, a 90 minute loop (1x every ten minutes) of 5 side by side frames.

This is the static, full 8 frame/1x every 10 minutes 200 degree panorama: The size is reduced on the forum. Clicking on it will show the full size 2466 x 220 image.

I think I calculated that the camera moves about 1,300 times a day to make these.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:21:40 AM by SLOweather »

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 looking out a window toward the NorthEast.  It is set to operate sunrise to sunset usinf ImageSalsa v1.9.14
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:47:01 AM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 12:45:39 AM »
All these snow shots brought me out of the woodwork!  There is a full sized picnic table under the 2 1/2 feet of snow!  This is a shot from the front window of may cabin in northern Wisconsin.  It is an Olympus C4000 using VM95 and Imagesalsa for the finishing touches.  I have 22 shown cameras on my site for this location http://weather.athelstanewi.com/wxwebcam.php along with 2 high res cameras http://weather.athelstanewi.com/wxhires.php and several that are not shown for security.  The lower high res camera is a Olympus C5050 that is pointed to the north sky and is used to view and record northern lights at night and sky conditions during the day.  I have got some great aurora images from it.

Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 03:37:06 AM »
The link to my webcam image from Belgium is http://www.weerstation-wilsele.be/index.php?p=99
It is shown as a small image on every page. After a click on the small image the full page window is shown  with a still image or a video stream.
The camera is a 3 year old Panasonic BL-C140. It is mounted high on the wall on the outside of the house facing north. And the box with the documentation is gathering dust somewhere on the attic. Very reliable camera. I selected this one as it had PoE , so only one network cable through the wall (as we have thick stone walls here).
The video program is SecuritySpy on the Mac, it generates the still images with the timestamp and uploads it once every minute to a website. It serves also as a video server for the camera.
 I am always testing other video servers for use with my template and it seems SecuritySpy is in no way bothered by other video programs.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:57:37 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:20 AM »
All these snow shots brought me out of the woodwork!  There is a full sized picnic table under the 2 1/2 feet of snow!
2 1/2' of snow!? I'd be hiding in the woodwork also!  :-)

anything