Author Topic: Cool graphs from St. David's, Bermuda yesterday-today  (Read 2179 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Cool graphs from St. David's, Bermuda yesterday-today
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »
You can see the wind shift, the BP drop, the wind strength.  I just wish I could read the numbers on the "y" scale.  I imagine most of the time the scale doesn't have to go as high.  Fortunately no reported deaths or major damage at this time, just a lot of impassible roads and folks without powerhttp://www.royalgazette.com/.

Interestingly, almost no rain, can that be right?

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/TXKF/2014/10/17/CustomHistory.html?dayend=18&monthend=10&yearend=2014&req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:43:32 AM by ggsteve »

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Cool graphs from St. David's, Bermuda yesterday-today
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »
113mph gust. Props to the owner on installation because it was still reporting after that.
As for the rain, I'm sure it was pretty heavy but horizontal rain is hard to measure accurately.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 11:22:27 AM »
Here's another link for a wx station on Bermuda. It shows quite a bit of rain but I'll bet none of the rainfall readings were very accurate due to the high winds.
Note that the wind speed goes to zero around 5pm which may indicate the anemometer malfunctioned at that time. The wind vane is still reporting wind direction though...
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »
Here's another link for a wx station on Bermuda. It shows quite a bit of rain but I'll bet none of the rainfall readings were very accurate due to the high winds.
Note that the wind speed goes to zero around 5pm which may indicate the anemometer malfunctioned at that time. The wind vane is still reporting wind direction though...

Looks like the rain gauge quit right around midnight too, or the rain stopped.  Interesting that the cumulative total stops at around 11pm.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:20:18 PM by ggsteve »

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »
Looks like the rain gauge quit right around midnight too, or the rain stopped.  Interesting that the cumulative total stops at around 11pm.

They were talking major power outages, so maybe that's what the problem was.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

They were talking major power outages, so maybe that's what the problem was.

That's what I thought but some of the station data is still being reported uninterrupted.

anything