Author Topic: Vantage Pro2 Old Firmware Update 6311VP2  (Read 1909 times)

Offline medic149

Vantage Pro2 Old Firmware Update 6311VP2
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »
Okay, stuck with most likely 2 different problems.   First, when the outside temperature drops below 0, the temperature reads 164 degrees.  I also have an older version of firmware on the console, where I would need the Vantage Pro Updater 2 in order to upgrade it.   Davis wants me to send the console in so they can update it for $82.00. 

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me or am I stuck sending the console back to Davis and paying $82.00?

Thanks,
Andy

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Vantage Pro2 Old Firmware Update 6311VP2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:29:23 PM »
How about telling the whole situation?  It might help getting answers.

First, when the outside temperature drops below 0, the temperature reads 164 degrees. 

Where do you see the 164 degree reading?  On the console?  Or in software? or?????

I also have an older version of firmware on the console, where I would need the Vantage Pro Updater 2 in order to upgrade it.   

What version?  And perhaps somebody actually has an updater that you can rent?  Could you do that if it was available?

Offline medic149

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »
The 164 degrees shows up on the console.  I don't recall what the software said, but I think it might have been dashes. 

The firmware is November 13, 2004.  No number shows up, just the date.

If I need the Updater and someone wants to rent it to me, I would be very interested.

Thanks,
Andy

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 03:33:23 AM »
Okay, stuck with most likely 2 different problems.   First, when the outside temperature drops below 0, the temperature reads 164 degrees.  I also have an older version of firmware on the console, where I would need the Vantage Pro Updater 2 in order to upgrade it.   Davis wants me to send the console in so they can update it for $82.00. 

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me or am I stuck sending the console back to Davis and paying $82.00?

Thanks,
Andy

That's what happened to my console several years ago when it got unbelievably cold.  The temp dropped below zero and gave a silly reading, like 164.  So I never found out what the new historic all time low turned out to be.  It could have been as much as -20 below.  Anyway, later that morning the temp got above zero and the console returned to giving the current temp properly.  Later, I updated the console from my computer.  (I don't remember why I didn't need the expense of an updater.) But the console update led to my Virtual VP program being unable to work with any Weatherlink version above 5.83, which I still live with to this day.  Since then, the temp has very seldom if ever been below zero, so don't know if the update really fixed the below zero problem.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

anything