Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

WS 2902 to ObserverIP to Meteobridge (flashed to TL-MR3020)

(1/3) > >>

MikeWest:
Now that I am happy with my 2902 and its interface via WU to my website running Meteotemplate, I am looking to go the next level.  I am looking at using an ObserverIP to link the 2902 to Meteobridge which I will flash onto an MR3020 pocket router, allowing me to still do WU/AW, push my data straight to a MySQL database I control, and look into CWOP and/or the other systems it will interface with.  Has anyone done all of this?

Thanks

Mike

dolfs:
Not with a WS-2902, but with a WS-1400-IP, which also uses an ObserverIP. So commonality with what you are asking is OIP -> MeteoBridge -> Various services. I have MB handling CWOP, WU, and a host of other services, including uploading templated data to my own hosted servers for using MeteoTemplate and other web site functions. Works great.

dupreezd:

--- Quote ---Not with a WS-2902, but with a WS-1400-IP, which also uses an ObserverIP. So commonality with what you are asking is OIP -> MeteoBridge -> Various services. I have MB handling CWOP, WU, and a host of other services, including uploading templated data to my own hosted servers for using MeteoTemplate and other web site functions. Works great.
--- End quote ---
Same here with a WS1200, but did not do the MySQL part.

Not thinking, I enabled sending data to WU from both the MB and OIP, but noticed it made for an irregular graph. I  turned sending to WU from the MB off.

dow:
I'm not using meteobridge, but I did replace my 1400-IP array when it failed several months back with the 2902, and it's working fine with my existing ObserverIP unit.  However, according to ed's instructions, I had to flash the latest firmware to the ObserverIP and then select "WS-1600-IP" as the weather station type to make it work correctly.  So it would make sense that since the array works fine with ObserverIP, and since ObserverIP works with meteobridge, then you should be good to go ("should" being the operative word here, not "will" or "shall" or "must").  :grin: :grin:

MikeWest:
Ok, so my ObserverIP came in today, it is running 2.4.1.  I changed the station to WS-1600, and it is reading the 2902 array, except for the pressure.  The consoles continue to read it, so something is not quite right with the ObserverIP.  I downloaded the IP Tools app, it does not detect the device in order to update the firmware.  Anyone have any thoughts or gone through this before?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version