Author Topic: Bloomsky and Wunderground Saga  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Bloomsky and Wunderground Saga
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:44:28 AM »
For two of my webcams I  have, I use Bloomsky .   Sky 1 is on Cam 4, Sky 2 is on Cam 3.  For whatever reason , of late ,   Sky 2 is sending images, but I am guessing the server for whatever is Cam 3 keeps crashing.  This has been going on for a while,  Wunderground is aware it happens but says the techie who  was in charge of these things has quit and they are in the process of finding someone (or not).

That being well and good, doesn't really help me as I send in reports that it isn't working and maybe weeks later it works for a few days.  Images are being sent.

What i have done is take the url for the image and embed it in my webpage so as the image with wunderground i updated,  so is my page item.

Is there a way to get the current camera image on a web page from a sky unit without going with embedding the image from wunderground?

I know Weatherdisplay has a feature that It copies the image from the Bloomsky api and can inject it but  rather than do that,  i wonder if there is a way to snatch it from the Bloomsky server directly.

Offline dsscheibe

• Scott's Weather Station Cactus Wren, Phoenix, AZ
Re: Bloomsky and Wunderground Saga
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:33:32 PM »

I know Weatherdisplay has a feature that It copies the image from the Bloomsky api and can inject it but  rather than do that,  i wonder if there is a way to snatch it from the Bloomsky server directly.

I am thinking of switching to WeatherDisplay, VWS 15 keeps crashing
Scott
Davis Pro2 Plus daytime aspirated, wired
Weather Display

Offline dsscheibe

• Scott's Weather Station Cactus Wren, Phoenix, AZ
Re: Bloomsky and Wunderground Saga
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 05:15:26 PM »
I was wondering this too, I can't get my bloomsky to go on Weather Underground.  I would like to get my bloomsky images on my webpage
Scott
Davis Pro2 Plus daytime aspirated, wired
Weather Display

anything