Author Topic: Android app? Ambient Weather WS-1200-IP  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Andehh

Android app? Ambient Weather WS-1200-IP
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:18 AM »
Hi guys,

I have searched high & low, and contacted Aercus Instruments (without response) asking the question, but before I splurge on this weather station, I do want the confidence of an attractive Android display for it to broadcast to.

I have seen the Wunderground app on andoird (i have used it for a few years on my mobile) but I don't like the way it scales up on a tablet and it gives me nothing more then what my phone offers.

The apple app looks identical to what I would like my Android Tablet to display, but despite several days of searching I just cant find anything available that i really find attractive.

Can anyone help elaborate on what Displays they use & how they get around this issue?

Thanks,

Offline pcorbridge

Re: Android app? Ambient Weather WS-1200-IP
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:56:39 AM »
Hi guys,

I have searched high & low, and contacted Aercus Instruments (without response) asking the question, but before I splurge on this weather station, I do want the confidence of an attractive Android display for it to broadcast to.

I have seen the Wunderground app on andoird (i have used it for a few years on my mobile) but I don't like the way it scales up on a tablet and it gives me nothing more then what my phone offers.

The apple app looks identical to what I would like my Android Tablet to display, but despite several days of searching I just cant find anything available that i really find attractive.

Can anyone help elaborate on what Displays they use & how they get around this issue?

Thanks,
I have a WS-1001 and with the latest firmware it sends data to AmbientWeather. You can then access the data via the website and it looks similar to the iPad app.

See http://www.ambientweather.com/ambientnet.html for further details.

I believe the WS-1200 is also supported.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Andehh

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
Thanks for forgetting responding!

I'm don't suppose you you could post a few screenshot off the Web interface? I have heard you can't change the unit on or, metric forgot temperature, but imperial for window speed etc?

Just concerned about spending £140 then finding it a disappointment to view the data unless you have an iPad.

Particularly annoying they don't offer you a "demo mode" of the website.

Offline pcorbridge

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 02:51:49 AM »
Hi,

If you have a look at https://AmbientWeather.net it will show you some example screenshots.

As I only really use it on a smartphone you don't get all the information on one screen like the iPad app but it does show real time data and you can get some nice graphs on a variety of different measures over different time periods. You just have to scroll down to view all the different screens.

IMHO it's a good interface but doesn't provide the one screen view the iPad app offers.

Another good thing is that it's. IFTTT compatible and links to your AmbientWeather info. See here for further details...

https://ifttt.com/ambient_weather

Hope this is of use to you.

Offline pcorbridge

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 02:56:41 AM »
I will login to my Android tablet tonight and provide a screenshot it it's any different.

Offline Andehh

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 05:42:29 AM »
That would be perfect, thanks very much!

Offline Andehh

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
Hi mate, just a gentle bump to see if you have had a chance to take a screen shot. If not, happy for others to!

Offline pcorbridge

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 03:11:29 PM »
Apologies for the delay.

A couple of screenshot. Main dashboard which you can scroll down for other measurements and the units page where you customise. Also some of the graphs.

Also you can expand each measurement and get graphical displays over different time periods.

The dashboard auto updates every

Any more questions then please ask.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Offline Andehh

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 04:55:23 AM »
Brilliant, thank you very much! That looks more or less what i was hoping for. :)

Offline bthoven

• Europa Cafe' Private Observatory
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 11:52:29 PM »
The website is for Ambient Weather station only. Aercus or other similar brands are blocked by Ambient Weather.

Offline Andehh

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 08:08:32 AM »
Yeah, I have accepted that now! Very disappointing but understandable I guess. :(

Just wish Wunderground would release an android equivalent of their iPad's Wunderstation!