Author Topic: How do i keep window position?  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
How do i keep window position?
« on: September 16, 2017, 01:48:14 AM »
Hi Brian (or anyone that may know?)

I have just reinstalled on to a laptop and also using a monitor cause the lappy screen aint big enough.

The problem i am having is, when i move WD to the monitor screen and every time i close WD and restart it, it always starts on the main (lappy) screen not on the monitor screen.

I no know it can be done because on the PC i had dual monitors and 1 WD per monitor and they always kept their positions, just not doing it this time, any advice please? is it a registry hack or sommat?
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: How do i keep window position?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »
Your graphics card app might have that sort of control (ie. nVidia NView)  or use something like https://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortool/?source=navbar
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
Re: How do i keep window position?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:05:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply, one of the monitors is my lappy so very limited to options
I have however found DeskSoft WindowManager that works exceptionally well

I had t find something cause even closing the lid, on reopening it, the WD windows
would revert back to the lappy screen, its only WD mind, IE windows stay where they
are closed. I tried all the tricks too, closing on that screen, holding shift and close
nothing worked, i even tried dualmon, failed lol this one im using now, works on a
trigger, its automatically checking every second to make sure WD stays put, if for
some reason it moves, i just have to use my hot key(s)

Just surprised that it was ok on my normal dual monitors, perhaps its a laptop screen thing?

PS, I only explained in more detail in case anyone else comes across this.
Kind regards
Bashy

anything