Author Topic: Can someone do a sanity check for me on Wunderground's add a cam to your station  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html#addcam

Trying to add a FTP cam to my station.  I populate all the fields (including long/lat) and the web interface just spins.  It never saves and gives me a cam id.

Can someone attempt to add a WU cam to their station and see if it gives you an ID?  I've contacted WU support via email.

Thank you in advance =)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:33:40 PM by Daali »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
It works for me  But the guidelines have to be followed EXACTLY>  Exceed the size limit once it seems, and they bounce your camera.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
Thank you sir!  I'll dig deeper since I know I am doing something wrong at the sign up page.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
I've been trying to add a camera since last week.  Sent them a message, this is what I got back on June 23rd.

Wunderground Support help@wunderground.com via poweredby.uservoice.com
Jun 23 (5 days ago)

to me
Hello,

Sorry about that—the webcam signup and edit pages aren't currently working. We’ll fix it, but it might not be available until the end of next week.

Thank you,

William
Wunderground Support

Helpful? Click to give Wunderground Support thanks!

On June 20, 2016 at 4:15 PM George.nincehelser <George.nincehelser@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to add another webcam, but even after entering lat/long, it just hangs.

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
I have not received any email yet from tech support, however, it looks as though the CamID process is working again.  I guess I will need to wait the 48 hours to see if I get "approved" and can add to my station.

BloomSky will need to get into a better partnership with these folks if they really want to take it to the next level.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
For BloomSky webcam you need to follow https://wunderground-1112.appspot.com/uploader/login/

Paul

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
Thank you sir.  They were having issues with the registration process of new cams at Weather Underground.

Once they fixed that, the camera has to be approved by a person.  It looks as though I was approved and could complete the edit my appspot CAMID for bloomsky.  The appspot section never had an issue, it was all WU.

Thanks for your help all!

Offline Stratocaster

• WU Station ID INEWPROV18
Looks like the same (or similar) problem has returned.

I live in The Bahamas and I can't get past the first page when signing up - when I click "Save and Continue", it immediately blanks out the Lat/Lon boxes and doesn't go to the next step.

Have tried every possible combination of platform (Mac, PC and iOS) and browser (Safari, Chrome and Explorer), same exact result.

I have Dan at Weather.com (great guy!) and Kari at WU working on a solution to this vexing issue. The strange thing is that when they do it at their end, it works...but at my end (and, apparently several other folks) it won't work. It is obvious (to me at least), that the web form is at fault.

I am almost at the point where I will ask someone in N. America to enter my info to get the Camera ID, then I will take it from there LOL

There are lots of WU webcams here in The Bahamas, so obviously they signed up just like I am trying to do. So, why doesn't mine work?

Hoping I can get this solved - I have a brand new Ambient Weather HD3 that I can't use.  :sad:

TL;DR  WU "Add webcam form" doesn't work.
Mike
WU Station ID INEWPROV18
Nassau, Bahamas

Offline Stratocaster

**UPDATE**

In addition to Dan at weather.com and Kari at WU, I have now heard from William at WU.

They all say basically the same thing - will pass to their developers and see if they can find the problem.

I am grateful that they have responded quickly and are (hopefully) working on a solution.

The funny thing is, Dan tried it with my exact info and it worked fine for him. Frustrating as hell!
Mike
WU Station ID INEWPROV18
Nassau, Bahamas

Offline Stratocaster

Well my weather cam is finally up and running.

Kari at WU was nothing short of amazing - she worked on it with me until we got it on line. Huge thanks to her, as well as Dan at weather.com. Fantastic communication and follow-through.

Go here to see what it's like in The Bahamas today!
https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/WU_6292272/1/show.html
Mike
WU Station ID INEWPROV18
Nassau, Bahamas

Offline UZA_Dave

Just got an email saying after Dec. 15, 2017 all webcams will be removed from service at WU.

Offline ch8ch

• ***ch8ch***
December 15th is the last day for wUnderground webcams......where is everyone headed?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
December 15th is the last day for wUnderground webcams......where is everyone headed?
A search here on the forum will give you several recent discussions on this.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather

My site....IF people are interested, they will go there....Otherwise....no loss of sleep here....

Jim

anything