Author Topic: Beta vs Release Versions?  (Read 6551 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Beta vs Release Versions?
« on: January 26, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
The latest Beta release is v14.01 p34.

Does anyone know what the latest standard release is?

I know, I'm lazy but short of actually installing it to find out, can someone tell me what version is being sold/distributed?

I just wish Ed would include the version/build number in his file name so we could tell this without having to install it first. Have personally made that request and was told it was too difficult due to naming convention issues - HUH????

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline dkinsc

• Contributor
    • ClemsonKFAP Weather
Re: Beta vs Release Versions?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »
I bought mine by download in early December last year.  It identifies itself as 14.01p33

Del
Del
KSCCLEMS2 and DW6419

Offline Andy Thompson

• Southern Minnesota Live Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Madelia and Thompson Farms
    • Southern Minnesota Live Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »
Beta is basically the same as the standard.
Regards,
Andy Thompson
www.somnwx.com

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
Lately he's been doing pretty good updating the page with the version he has on the server.  Been awhile since I discovered I had a bonus secret update not listed.   :mrgreen:

I've always renamed them when I download them to my custom "installer files" folder.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 01:05:27 AM »
Lately he's been doing pretty good updating the page with the version he has on the server.  Been awhile since I discovered I had a bonus secret update not listed.   :mrgreen:

I've always renamed them when I download them to my custom "installer files" folder.

Thanks guys, it has been a while since I have been very active on this forum. In the past (a couple years ago), the beta releases were coming fast and furious but the sale version was many versions behind. I had asked Ed numerous times to include the version number at both distribution points so it would be easier for "his customers" to see what was available. His reason for not doing that was that it took too long to do that and that if he did, it wouldn't follow his naming conventions. I never did understand that reasoning but if you know Ed, some of his ideas were/are are a bit clouded. That's just my opinion and I have had a great relationship with Ed over the years. He does make some good software and it meets most of our needs.

As Mark does, I also rename the files and keep them in my special VWS installation folder.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

anything