Author Topic: Purchase an Atlas? - Frustrated at reviews  (Read 3008 times)

Offline tdess99

• Springwood Estates, Belle Chasse, LA
Re: Purchase an Atlas? - Frustrated at reviews
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
I actually saw the information for the new Elite display posted on this forum a few days ago, where they had a link to Amazon. There were no photos but there was a description of features that the new Elite will have and one of those was that the display will use wifi and will download your local forecast though Dark Sky, which will be displayed on the new console. I will try to find the link and post here.

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »
MrM1

Do you like "all in one" weather stations? Personally, I do not. I like the wind instrument to be high, and I like the thermometer and rain bucket to be low where I can service them...

I would not buy anything until this is considered... You will sacrifice data on some level with an all in one.
Everything is a trade off.  But I agree,  the most accurate total package is going to be a system that is divided up.

Another issue I question with the Atlas and the wind extension would be "bounce-back" off the extension pole into the rain funnel.  Looks like their design due to the closeness of the rain funnel to the pole could cause inaccuracies in rain.  And actually rain is more important to me than wind.   

But in my own current design,  I have probably created some problems with my bird spikes and the rain funnel. 

Offline tdess99

• Springwood Estates, Belle Chasse, LA
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »
Here is the Amazon details for the Elite that another member posted earlier:

https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-Atlas-Elite-Wi-Fi-Display/dp/B074ZM5D5P/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »
 :-k   Decisions Decisions

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »

https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-Atlas-Elite-Wi-Fi-Display/dp/B074ZM5D5P/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8

From that Amazon page:

??:

"Product description
AcuRite Atlas Elite is an industry-leading monitoring solution...."

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »

Very nice! It is indeed different than the Atlas display. Thank you for this information.

In case that link goes bad or if the Atlas Elite becomes vaporware here is the pertinent description in that Amazon listing:

• See your real-time current conditions at a glance with the high quality indoor HD Wi-Fi display, which also wirelessly transmits readings to the My AcuRite online platform

It's like it has an Access built in.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:49 AM »

From that Amazon page:

??:

"Product description
AcuRite Atlas Elite is an industry-leading monitoring solution...."

Read that paragraph to the end. It also says:

The HD display also receives weather forecast information through the Wi-Fi connection to My AcuRite, which is provided by Dark Sky.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »
using text from an Amazon Placeholder as proof, or facts from what may or may not ever be for sale there is a bit of a stretch IMO..How many months/years has the Elite "allegedly" been coming out?
Someone should ask our resident visitor Victoria from Acurite what the REAL status of the Elite station is...

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 12:18:22 PM »
using text from an Amazon Placeholder as proof, or facts from what may or may not ever be for sale there is a bit of a stretch IMO..How many months/years has the Elite "allegedly" been coming out?
Someone should ask our resident visitor Victoria from Acurite what the REAL status of the Elite station is...

That "argument" was used against the Atlas and was found completely false.

Haters going to hate, I guess.

Anyway, for those who can't grok Facebook, the question of the Elite has been asked a few times...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:32:34 PM by nincehelser »

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
MrM1

Do you like "all in one" weather stations? Personally, I do not. I like the wind instrument to be high, and I like the thermometer and rain bucket to be low where I can service them...

I would not buy anything until this is considered... You will sacrifice data on some level with an all in one.
Everything is a trade off.  But I agree,  the most accurate total package is going to be a system that is divided up.

Another issue I question with the Atlas and the wind extension would be "bounce-back" off the extension pole into the rain funnel.  Looks like their design due to the closeness of the rain funnel to the pole could cause inaccuracies in rain.  And actually rain is more important to me than wind.   

But in my own current design,  I have probably created some problems with my bird spikes and the rain funnel. 

I'd be more worried about your array on top of that tin roof receiving radiant heat?
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
Radiant Heat on the white is not bad ... at least not as bad as a dark color would be.  I match up really close with other stations in the area of various mounting locations.

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
Atlas Elite ??  .... A picture is worth a thousand words.  I would really like to see a screen shot of the supposed display.  AcuRites answer in the screen shot read a lot like the answers they were giving back on there own forum months/years ago.  Very non committal.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:36:08 PM by MrM1 »

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 01:02:07 PM »

Anyway, for those who can't grok Facebook, the question of the Elite has been asked a few times...

How many months/years were you "promised" a release of the Atlas until it actually happened?

In your delusional support of Acurite, you are unable to separate "hate" from "reality"..

and, go ahead and continue to pin your hopes on random Faceschnook posts..The Elite is nothing more than a promise at this point; unless you are secretly working for Acurite and know of things that no one else at their company seems to be willing to reveal, its not reality until its for sale..

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 01:06:35 PM »

How many months/years were you "promised" a release of the Atlas until it actually happened?

In your delusional support of Acurite, you are unable to separate "hate" from "reality"..

and, go ahead and continue to pin your hopes on random Faceschnook posts..The Elite is nothing more than a promise at this point; unless you are secretly working for Acurite and know of things that no one else at their company seems to be willing to reveal, its not reality until its for sale..

How many months did people wait for their WeatherFlow AFTER PAYING FOR IT?  For me it was 22 months.  Less than the time since the Atlas was announced.

Just goes to show how little you know about what's going on in the personal weather station industry.

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 01:22:26 PM »

How many months did people wait for their WeatherFlow AFTER PAYING FOR IT?  For me it was 22 months.  Less than the time since the Atlas was announced.

Just goes to show how little you know about what's going on in the personal weather station industry.

Sorry, your personal insults dont change the fact that the Atlas product is borderline junk at this point, and, until they get a product that works 99% of the time for 99% of the customers buying it, its not worth bothering with..

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2018, 01:28:34 PM »
This thread has been flagged and is now being monitored by the admins. Please watch your tone. Thank you.

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
Victoria from Acurite and everyone else, I put my original Atlas sensor back up that Acurite fixed and I have the lightning detector installed. It has been in direct sunlight and it is around 1:30pm est and no false lightning strikes. The Atlas is working flawlessly at this point since I received it back from Acurite with the adjustments with the wiring with the fan. I just want to let everyone know that Acurite did fix it.

Offline John Z

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2018, 03:34:02 PM »
Mirwin,
Excellent news. Mine goes in for a fix in a few days. Hope to also report positive results.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:36:29 PM by John Z »

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 03:34:19 PM »
That's Great News to Hear !!

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »

Sorry, your personal insults dont change the fact that the Atlas product is borderline junk at this point, and, until they get a product that works 99% of the time for 99% of the customers buying it, its not worth bothering with..
Dude then why are you STILL posting here about your dislike of AcuRite???? Move on!! you make no sense man lol, do you have nothing better to do with your time/Day?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:31:42 PM by daman »
KMIBADAX38

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »
It's the same guy posting on Amazon that half the units shipped are defective.   :roll:

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 06:44:13 PM »
It's the same guy posting on Amazon that half the units shipped are defective.   :roll:
I read them, I believe it.
KMIBADAX38

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 06:53:48 PM »
"never let the facts get in the way of a good story".

take a poll here and see if at least 1/2 of the people who bought the Atlas haven't had some sort of issues..

Plus, I'll post in any thread I want to about any topic that I feel is relevant; if someone doesn't like it, dont read my posts..

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »

take a poll here and see if at least 1/2 of the people who bought the Atlas haven't had some sort of issues..

Plus, I'll post in any thread I want to about any topic that I feel is relevant; if someone doesn't like it, dont read my posts..

Please tell us how you know how many Atlas units have shipped and how many were defective. 

Dishonesty will be challenged.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2018, 07:02:35 PM »

The thing is its NOT relevant!

everybody knows your thoughts on the matter Sheeesh dude..  ](*,)
KMIBADAX38

anything