Author Topic: HeavyWeather Review software time and date problem  (Read 9185 times)

Offline mworthi245

HeavyWeather Review software time and date problem
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
Hello,
 I bought my first weather station a few days ago, a La Crosse WS-2308
The system seems to work fine, but the Heavyweather review software has a problem that I cannot resolve. When you create a template to graph the parameters such as wind,temp etc. the date and the time listed on the chart does not match the time and date listed on the heavyweather history file. The time and date is off by 5 hours on the graph points :?: , but is correct when you check the Heavyweather history file. The time and date is correct on the base unit. I have reloaded the software and the same problem occurs. Any help you can give a newbie would be great.

Offline msdawg911

Re: HeavyWeather Review software time and date problem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:15:47 PM »
I have a WS-2310 (a very similar brand), and I used to use the HW series. My guess to your problem would be that the program is using UTC time. Check in the program options for a time adjustment.
Jake Hughes
Mississippi State University
Professional Meteorology Student

GR2Analyst, WXSIM
Former user of: Weather-Display, WS2310, 1-wire station, WUHU, CoCoRaHS, Saratoga-Weather's and Carter Lake's numerous PHP/AJAX scripts

Offline mworthi245

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:20:06 PM »
Thanks for the tip about the time zone issue. I checked all the options that I could find in the pull downs. You can adjust the the format for the time display style but not the time zone, as far as I can tell.

Offline msdawg911

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:54:12 PM »
OK, sorry. Maybe someone else will know something about it.
Jake Hughes
Mississippi State University
Professional Meteorology Student

GR2Analyst, WXSIM
Former user of: Weather-Display, WS2310, 1-wire station, WUHU, CoCoRaHS, Saratoga-Weather's and Carter Lake's numerous PHP/AJAX scripts

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
Quote from: "msdawg911"
I have a WS-2310 (a very similar brand), and I used to use the HW series. My guess to your problem would be that the program is using UTC time. Check in the program options for a time adjustment.

You are correct, it is UTC time and that is not adjustable. Why they did this I am not sure.

You can run WUHU in direct serial mode (no more Heavyweather) and have it generate a currdat.lst file with local time.

It can also write the history in Heavyweather Pro format (free program) that is more sophisticated that the Heavyweather Review.

See:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/

Offline skysho

• http://home.comcast.net/~bbischof
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »
I received a message from LaCrosse on this issue, they intend to fix it on their next release.  Didn't say when that was coming.  They also gave me a link to some other brand software I could use for a 30 day trial.  She also said sometime it clears itself up in a few days of operation...yeah right!  The Publisher software uses the time from the PC rather than the weather station.  So obviously this doesn't help...but you now know what I know.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 08:47:33 AM »
Quote from: "skysho"
I received a message from LaCrosse on this issue, they intend to fix it on their next release.  Didn't say when that was coming.  They also gave me a link to some other brand software I could use for a 30 day trial.  She also said sometime it clears itself up in a few days of operation...yeah right!  The Publisher software uses the time from the PC rather than the weather station.  So obviously this doesn't help...but you now know what I know.

You can use WUHU to save history files in HW Pro format. HW pro is better than HW review.

When WUHU creates the history.dat files, it uses the correct local time.

Here is the group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/

Offline skysho

• http://home.comcast.net/~bbischof
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that approach and visit your link.

anything