Author Topic: Defective Atlas Units - No connectivity/bad connections  (Read 965 times)

Offline jdgale0070

Defective Atlas Units - No connectivity/bad connections
« on: May 12, 2023, 12:45:22 PM »
Had an enlightened customer support session with Acurite today, 05/12/2023, regarding a new Atlas system purchased direct from Acurite in December 2022.

There is a known problem with some Atlas sensor arrays ability to maintain connection with the Display. This problem is at least partially related to a problem with the interaction of installed back-up batteries used in conjunction with the power adapter for this unit. However, this problem may have other causes as well and requires a factory replacement.

Acurite has replacement units on order to replace defective units and they will be available in July. Why they have not issued a general recall based on serial number/purchase date is anybody's guess. I assume that not everyone is affected, so they are probably handling the replacement on a case by case basis.

The symptom appears as great connectivity followed no connectivity after about 5 days and the only way to restore connectivity is to factory reset everything, or power cycle and remove batteries/power adapter from the sensor array. This results in a temporary fix only....Hope this info is helpful to othersQ

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Defective Atlas Units - No connectivity/bad connections
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 02:44:18 PM »
I have the same problem. I requested an replacement via Email on April 13th, and they told me the exact same thing as what they said to you.
Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. At this time, we would like to hold off on a replacement until we receive remediated stock in Early July. Once we have those in stock, we would be happy to send a replacement sensor to correct this issue.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173