Author Topic: UPS question  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
UPS question
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »
We have on each computer an UPS device for that computer.  My wife has the Cyberpower CP1500AVRLCD.  She has just her computer, the LCD monitor and the modem (I put it on that one today) .   I have the Cyberpower CP1000AVRLCD.  I have my computer, monitor speakers, 4 external drives, two USB 3.0 modems, a Ethernet switch and three Davis Consoles/ Envoys.   It is barely pulling 120 Watts.

My question is that I am noticing on the wife's the cooling fan on the UPS kicks on for about 2 minutes then shuts off for several hours. The software claims that the AC Utility was too high, so it was switching to the device.  Mine  is hooked up to the same AC supply in the house and with all the stuff running, I never get that warning, nor does the fan kick on (I assume it has a fan). 

Any ideas ?   

The reason we have our own, is I have a lot on mine and she doesn't, I figured that she needed her own supply .

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: UPS question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
Need more info.  Are the processors the same?  Are the same processes running etc.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »
I think I have part of the problem solved.  The wife's computer was dusty, very dusty inside.  After a cleaning, so far we are quiet.  I'll know in a couple of hours.   My ups has the greater load, hers is pulling in 145 watts mine, with all the added crap is pulling 108.

Tomorrow, by the way, I am shutting down the system and cleaning my CPU.   I might even clean the dust off the Envoys

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »
news update, it is still quiet.

Therefore ,  I am recommending that we all should periodically clean out our cpu's with dust air or some canned compressed air.