Author Topic: Alternative Dashboard version 6.95 Released  (Read 86177 times)

Offline bucks County Weather

• http://www.backyardweather.org
Re: Alternative Dashboard version 6.91 Released
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »
understood....yet it displays fine at home using ie11 on my win 8.1

thanks.
Chris

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
understood....yet it displays fine at home using ie11 on my win 8.1

thanks.

It should only block older version of IE from displaying the pie, they fixed the issues in IE 9 I think.

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
Re: Re: Re: Alternative Dashboard version 6.90 Released
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »

There are a few things that do not work, it is the translation of the current conditions. When ajaxWDwx3 kicks in the text is in English.
I have the wrong value of the dew point in the last hour (see attachments). This is also ajaxWDwx3 thing.

Is there a resolution to this. ...I  have the same problem on my site with the last hour dew point.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:27:10 PM by ardsar »

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »
using ie10 at work the "old"sun icon.....
Chris

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Re: Re: Alternative Dashboard version 6.90 Released
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
What OS are you using?  If it's IOS7 then there is a known issue with the java in that!

Scott

There are a few things that do not work, it is the translation of the current conditions. When ajaxWDwx3 kicks in the text is in English.
I have the wrong value of the dew point in the last hour (see attachments). This is also ajaxWDwx3 thing.

Is there a resolution to this. ...I  have the same problem on my site with the last hour dew point.
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »
using ie10 at work the "old" sun icon.....

Scott

It may not have been till 11 that they fixed it or you didn't have the patched in 10?  Not sure but it's an IE thing and we added code into the script to look for that and if it finds it, it displays the old version sun!

Offline RickNY

• Contributor
    • College Hills Weather - Farmingville, NY
Re: Alternative Dashboard version 6.90 Released
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »
This is Brian's FAQ

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,53551.msg430843.html#msg430843

OK.. Maybe I'm missing something with this... If I use Brian's FAQ on uploading this one file, the 'Override' switch disables my regularly scheduled FTP and weather data updates (normally every 5 minutes).  On my end, I can do one or the other -- I can create and upload raintoday.gif every minute -OR- I can upload my normal FTP files every 5 minutes.  AJAX updates are uploading every 10 seconds.

From what I could gather from Brian's post, the 'Override' switch disables the schedule under 'Control Panel', 'FTP & Connections', 'Web Files Upload Times and Av/Ext' - and instead replaces it with the create/upload values specified in the 'Internet File Creation & Uploads'.  (And that is the behavior I am seeing).  If I enable the upload of #7 under that screen, checking my 'Status' page at http://www.indigopc.com/wxstatus.php shows stale WD files.  Likewise, if I turn 'Override' OFF - the FTP files upload normally -- but 'raintoday.gif' does not get updated/uploaded.

Does anyone know exactly which files should be set to upload if using the 'Override'?  It look as though I will need to customize the create/upload schedule for each one so that the other files get uploaded every 5 minutes.

I'm sorry -- WD does a lot of nice things -- but Brian really needs to clean up the interface and options to consolidate a lot of different things.  Thats just my opinion..

Rick

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2013, 04:20:53 AM »
my computer at work is Win 7 ...ie 10....
Chris

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alternative Dashboard version 6.90 Released
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:47 AM »
What OS are you using?  If it's IOS7 then there is a known issue with the java in that!

Scott

Is there a resolution to this. ...I  have the same problem on my site with the last hour dew point.

Shows the problem on Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome running on windows 8.1. Also same problem when viewing from android. It's only the dew point last hour that is incorrect all other values are correct. Www.bearsbythesea.co.uk

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2013, 06:54:07 AM »
I noticed this morning that my High Today and Low Today are showing these occurred at times that have yet been reached.  Any idea why?

Thanks,

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alternative Dashboard version 6.90 Released
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:08 AM »
What OS are you using?  If it's IOS7 then there is a known issue with the java in that!

Scott

Is there a resolution to this. ...I  have the same problem on my site with the last hour dew point.

Shows the problem on Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome running on windows 8.1. Also same problem when viewing from android. It's only the dew point last hour that is incorrect all other values are correct. Www.bearsbythesea.co.uk

Somehow this code
Code: [Select]
                   <tr>
                        <td class="data1" nowrap="nowrap" ><?php langtrans('Last Hour'); ?>: </td>
                        <td class="data1" style="text-align: right;" >
<?php echo $dewArrow?>
                            <span class="convDdif"><?php echo strip_units(abs($dewchangelasthour)) . $uomTemp?></span>
                         </td>
                    </tr>
got changed to
                   <tr>
                        <td class="data1" nowrap="nowrap" ><?php langtrans('Last Hour'); ?>: </td>
                        <td class="data1" style="text-align: right;" >
<?php echo $dewArrow?>
                            <span class="convTemp"><?php echo strip_units(abs($dewchangelasthour)) . $uomTemp?></span>
                         </td>
                    </tr>
and therefore incorporates the conversion of C°<==>F° base 32°F into the mix.  Using 'convDdif' rather than 'convTemp' uses no base 32°F in the calculation so you only get the absolute difference.  Change that line back to "convDdif" from "convTemp" and the problem disappears.  The ajaxWDwx3.js contains the special 'convDdif' function solely to solve this problem.  When I substitute 'convTemp' for 'convDdif' in my dashboard I get the same sort of erroneous last hour delta.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »
I noticed this morning that my High Today and Low Today are showing these occurred at times that have yet been reached.  Any idea why?

Thanks,

Joe
Your problem is with WD's configuration.  Here is the relevant section of your testtags.php:
$temperature =  '51.9°F'; // temperature
$tempnodp = '52'; // temperature, no decimal place
$humidity =  '85'; // humidity
$dewpt =  '47.5°F'; // dew point
$maxtemp =  '57.0°F'; // today's maximum temperature
$maxtempt =  '4:23 PM'; // time this occurred
$mintemp =  '35.4°F'; // today's minimum temperature
$mintempt =  '8:38 AM'; // time this occurred
The dashboard isn't the problem.  I don't have a solution, but I can see the problem--sorry. :-(
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline RickNY

• Contributor
    • College Hills Weather - Farmingville, NY
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
OK.. Maybe I'm missing something with this... If I use Brian's FAQ on uploading this one file, the 'Override' switch disables my regularly scheduled FTP and weather data updates (normally every 5 minutes).  On my end, I can do one or the other -- I can create and upload raintoday.gif every minute -OR- I can upload my normal FTP files every 5 minutes.  AJAX updates are uploading every 10 seconds.

From what I could gather from Brian's post, the 'Override' switch disables the schedule under 'Control Panel', 'FTP & Connections', 'Web Files Upload Times and Av/Ext' - and instead replaces it with the create/upload values specified in the 'Internet File Creation & Uploads'.  (And that is the behavior I am seeing).  If I enable the upload of #7 under that screen, checking my 'Status' page at http://www.indigopc.com/wxstatus.php shows stale WD files.  Likewise, if I turn 'Override' OFF - the FTP files upload normally -- but 'raintoday.gif' does not get updated/uploaded.

OK.. I found a much easier solution to this.  Rather than messing around with the "Internet File Creation & Uploads", File #7 - and telling WD to upload raintoday.gif every minute (which I am not entirely sure why you'd want the graph created and uploaded that frequently), you can have the gauge created and uploaded with your other FTP files by going to 'Control Panel', 'Web Files/Web Page Real Time FTP/WDL" and "Web Files Setup #1".  If you stretch that window down, you will find additional options.  Namely, under "Individual Dial Images" -- check both "Produce individual dial image files" and "Upload these individual dial image files"

I received a message from Brian last night confirming what I had posted above -- clicking the "Override" button on the "File Creation" screen disables your normal FTP schedule, and options -- requiring you to set each one individually.

Rick

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
Thanks, Rick!  That's certainly a much better solution than what we have heretofore discussed.   =D&gt;
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »

Thanks,

Joe
Your problem is with WD's configuration.  Here is the relevant section of your testtags.php:
$temperature =  '51.9°F'; // temperature
$tempnodp = '52'; // temperature, no decimal place
$humidity =  '85'; // humidity
$dewpt =  '47.5°F'; // dew point
$maxtemp =  '57.0°F'; // today's maximum temperature
$maxtempt =  '4:23 PM'; // time this occurred
$mintemp =  '35.4°F'; // today's minimum temperature
$mintempt =  '8:38 AM'; // time this occurred
The dashboard isn't the problem.  I don't have a solution, but I can see the problem--sorry. :-(

Thanks Jerry

I will look into WD.

Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
Also make sure that your testtags.php is updating and uploading, Joe.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »
using ie10 at work the "old"sun icon.....
There is a partial solution to the problem with IE's display of the Sunlight Pie Chart, but it may not be universal.

The distribution ajax-dashboard691 code contains this line
                       if ($useSunlightPie && (substr_count($changeinday, ':') == 2 ) && !ae_detect_ie())  {  //Make piechart if using WD V10.37R >=b51 ?>

Changing it to this
                       if ($useSunlightPie && (substr_count($changeinday2, ':') == 2 ) /*&& !ae_detect_ie()*/)  {  //Make piechart if using WD V10.37R >=b51
by commenting out the IE detection here enables the alternate IE Sunlight Pie Chart display logic rather than just jumping to the old sun image display.

What the IE detection logic does is move the text overlay on the pie chart back into the proper position.  IE sees things differently here.  This workaround may not be universally effective, but it's all there is to offer at the moment (load in IE to see the results along with some extraneous stuff I have in this section)...this may be more than you really wanted to know. :shock:
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 08:53:19 AM »
Also make sure that your testtags.php is updating and uploading, Joe.

I will, thanks again.

Joe
WeatherLink Live

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »
This is a good alternative to those that don't want or need the image to be updated every minute!  I agree its a bit overkill to do every minute but a lot of the weather guys and gals like their stuff as up-to-date as possible!  I'll add this as an option in the instructions as well!  Thanks Rick!

Scott

OK.. I found a much easier solution to this.  Rather than messing around with the "Internet File Creation & Uploads", File #7 - and telling WD to upload raintoday.gif every minute (which I am not entirely sure why you'd want the graph created and uploaded that frequently), you can have the gauge created and uploaded with your other FTP files by going to 'Control Panel', 'Web Files/Web Page Real Time FTP/WDL" and "Web Files Setup #1".  If you stretch that window down, you will find additional options.  Namely, under "Individual Dial Images" -- check both "Produce individual dial image files" and "Upload these individual dial image files"

I received a message from Brian last night confirming what I had posted above -- clicking the "Override" button on the "File Creation" screen disables your normal FTP schedule, and options -- requiring you to set each one individually.

Rick

Offline giantocr

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »
Hello,

Who can tell me why he fills no data here?

Piet

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:52:50 AM by giantocr »

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
You are missing 'raintodate.php'?

Try placing this code in your AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php:
$use_historical = true;   // Use Historical Station Average Rain Month-to-Date
if (file_exists('raintodate.php') && $use_historical)
  $use_historical = true;   // Use Historical Station Average Month-to-Date
else $use_historical = false; // REQUIRES several years of historical data and a properly configured raintodate.php on site,
  //   part of Rain / Temperature Trends at http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/downloads.php
//
in  place of:
If the 'Rain to Date' sections disappear, there's no raintodate.php available.  Use the url above to get it.  If the problem persists, let us know.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline giantocr

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »
Hi Jerry,

Indeed I had no raintodate.php installed.
But i had your program Temperature & Rainfall Trends be installed.
I have downloaded and installed the raintodate.php file, and now it is well.
Thanks for the solution

Cheers,

Piet

http://www.weerstation-sauwerd.nl
or
http://www.meteosauwerd.nl

You are missing 'raintodate.php'?

Try placing this code in your AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php:
if (file_exists('raintodate.php') && $use_historical)
  $use_historical = true;   // Use Historical Station Average Month-to-Date
else $use_historical = false; // REQUIRES several years of historical data and a properly configured raintodate.php on site,
  //   part of Rain / Temperature Trends at http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/downloads.php
//
in  place of:
If the 'Rain to Date' sections disappear, there's no raintodate.php available.  Use the url above to get it.  If the problem persists, let us know.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2013, 07:35:59 AM »
Hi Jerry,

Indeed I had no raintodate.php installed.
But i had your program Temperature & Rainfall Trends be installed.
I have downloaded and installed the raintodate.php file, and now it is well.
Thanks for the solution

Cheers,

Piet

http://www.weerstation-sauwerd.nl
or
http://www.meteosauwerd.nl
My pleasure, Piet.  Your site is looking good! :grin:
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
Jerry, Would you know why the time for my high and low for the day are not updating correctly? The temps are correct.

Thanks,

Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »
Jerry, Would you know why the time for my high and low for the day are not updating correctly? The temps are correct.

Thanks,

Joe
I'm kinda landlocked here, Joe, and I've never played with the tide forecasts.  Scott is the go-to guy for this, when he gets a chance.

Sorry. :-(
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com