Author Topic: Lions and Tigers and Bears (and Spiders), Oh My!  (Read 1754 times)

Offline aweatherguy

• Senior Contributor
    • Weather Station Data Logger
Lions and Tigers and Bears (and Spiders), Oh My!
« on: March 10, 2013, 03:16:55 AM »

Guess what I found in my THGR122NX (which had been outside for a while) ?

I was ripping it apart to mess with the thermistor (see other related posts) and found this little un-invited family of guests. The way the 122NX is built, you not only have to remove the rear cover, but pry off a plastic cover which is sort of glued and melted in place before this scene is revealed.

I suppose it would be possible to see a hint of this situation through the holes in the bottom...but not easy or obvious.

Looks like this little gal (?) climbed in here and made a cozy nest but got stuck and could not get out again. Now I know why the RH readings were acting a bit funny.

To (roughly?) quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park, "Nature always finds a way...".

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Lions and Tigers and Bears (and Spiders), Oh My!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:13:02 AM »
Yep, you wonder how they got there alright.  Hope that fixes your station!  :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
Did you ever see Men In Black...where the little tiny alien is inside the human sized body working all the controls ??????  You found the secret to what makes the O/S sensor work !!!! :shock:

Offline belfryboy

• Forecaster
  • waiting for the rain.....
    • Belfryboy Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »
It was a running joke when I used to service Davis kit at McMurdo. Whenever we opened the ISS you would usually find a collection of deceased beasties, this would give rise to the comment;

"there's yer problem, the ingineers are all dead!"

anything