Author Topic: Buzzard  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
Buzzard
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »
About a week ago I noticed the wind was not recording correctly. Upon investigation I found that the whole anemometer had been twisted sideways 90 degrees. It was still tight and it took some force to twist it back into position. I think I found the culprit. I caught this guy sunning himself on the utility pole this morning. My guess is that he was roosting on the anemometer and knocked it out of position while taking off. Buzzard video is from the webcam. My daughter took this picture with her Cannon.

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: Buzzard
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
    Nice picture!  I had 12 buzzards stop here at my house in April 2010.  I did not see it but a neighbor said one sat on top of the weather station but it look like it was mostly on the rain bucket.  No damage.
  You need to start burying those bodies deeper so you don't get those kinds of things around! ;) :lol:

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
Re: Buzzard
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »
There is an old tree in the field behind the house where 10-15 live. We are waiting till the leaves fall of the other trees to get a good picture. We will get one picture with them all in the tree, then I want to spook then so we can get a picture of them all flying away at one time.

Actually I don't bury the bodies.  :shock: Just cut them up into little pieces to feed the buzzards.