Author Topic: Using Weatherlink 2.0.com with a WMII  (Read 542 times)

Offline Plainwind

Using Weatherlink 2.0.com with a WMII
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:25:16 AM »
I am still happily running a Weather Monitor II purchased from Prodata in the year 2000.  I have recently upgraded the software on my PC to Weatherlink 6.0.5 and started using Weatherlink.com 2.0 on the web on the Pro(trial) tier.  This is a link to my summary web-page https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/77a38f5ea50f46659d6023d9f42f3aff/wide.

Mostly, it works fine however I have noticed a few WL 2.0 anomalies:
•   Barometer:  on WL 2.0, some displays show the sea-level corrected value whilst others show the raw sensor value.  There seems to be no pattern to this.  For example on the WL 2.0 bulletin/table view, corrected pressure is displayed, but on the bulletin/tile view, raw sensor data is displayed.
•   Upload to WL 2.0:  The readings on the WL 2.0 internet pages generally keep up to date to within about 1 or 2 minutes of the station on the PC.  However, if the the Strip Charts are open in WL, uploading to the web appears to stop.  On closing the Strip Charts, uploading resumes and the internet page updates.
•   Wind Rose Tile:  despite having several weeks’ worth of wind data, only the DAY option for the wind rose shows information.  The WEEK and MONTH options give a blank rose.

Can anyone tell me if these anomalies occur using WL 2.0 with more modern stations such as the Vantage Vue and Pro?

Any suggestions for resolving them would be most welcome, particularly, the barometer reading.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: Using Weatherlink 2.0.com with a WMII
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »
Possible answer to the strip charts being open. When ever the software downloads data from the logger all uploads will stop. That's always been that way. Some of your uploads may have coincided with your downloads.
The other items I can't help.

anything