Author Topic: Another new CCR memberr  (Read 939 times)

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
Another new CCR memberr
« on: August 06, 2015, 01:28:43 PM »
I finally joined after a couple of years of "fence sitting".  I purchased the 4" CCR rain gauge and installed it, temporarily in my turnaround.  It, more than likely, will stay in this location except when I need to move the trailer in and out.  This is the best spot I have without trees and a building.  Also, in the winter, this is one of the few spots that doesn't get drifting snow.

The county I am reporting in is almost 1900 square miles in area and there are currently five reporting stations, of which two are within five miles of me.

Since I am gone a lot, I will be giving a lot of multi-day reports, but I figure it is better than nothing.

My biggest concern will be trying to get SWE of accumulated snow when the snow depth is anywhere from 30-40+ inches.

Station is CO-GR-68

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline bishopweather

• Bishopweather.com
Re: Another new CCR memberr
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:02:25 PM »
hope it gets filled with lots of precip!  enjoy!
Bishopweather.com
Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station
Stardot Netcam XL3mp
Weatherlink IP

Offline hberg

Re: Another new CCR memberr
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »
Mark, welcome to CoCoRaHS!  Those multi-day reports are almost as good as daily reports, especially when you have all your days accounted for.  :-)  As for SWE, tht can be a task in snow country. There are a couple of stories/examples of some observers measuring SWE with 6-7 feet of snow on the ground - reading those will make you feel pretty good about 30-40 inches.  ;)

-Steve-
Climometeorologist
Illinois CoCoRaHS Coordinator
IL-CP-1