Author Topic: Recent Windows 10 Update  (Read 295 times)

Offline alan10

Recent Windows 10 Update
« on: March 13, 2024, 08:55:16 AM »
Since a recent Windows 10 update my WeatherLink 6.0.5 has stopped working. I’ve tried all the usual stuff but to no avail. Has anyone else had a problem?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Recent Windows 10 Update
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 09:53:17 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with recent updates, so difficult to comment helpfully. In what way is WL not working? Does the program start? If it does start then does it have problems getting data from a logger? etc
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline alan10

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 10:13:50 AM »
The program starts with just the basic blank screen and the anemometer curser and hangs. It’s happening on two machines, one running Windows 10 and the other running Windows 11. Everything has worked perfectly for the last six years on this setup but last night an update scuppered it. I’ve spent this morning reinstalling, restarting etc. etc. but with no result. The Windows 10 m/c is the main user but I gave it a try on W11 just to see if it worked. It didn’t. I’ve been using WeatherLink for many years and this is the first problem that I’ve experienced.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 10:47:45 AM »
Are you using serial or USB connection to the logger?  If USB, maybe there is a driver update.  Check the driver settings for proper ports in the Windows Device Manager to see if the settings for the port are as expected by WeatherLink.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline alan10

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 11:05:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies but it’s become more complicate. For many years I’ve been running W/L in a WeatherLink folder in DropBox. This has worked very well and, of course, safeguards the data. However, if I install W/L on the C: drive of the computer it works. Why it no longer runs in DropBox is currently a mystery but I shan’t be looking into that until tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks again for your replies and I’ll be closing this topic.

Offline alan10

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 01:04:20 PM »
P.S.
It was a corrupt file in the station folder.

Thanks again.

anything