Author Topic: Tornado In Nebraska Hits Train 20 June 2011  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Tornado In Nebraska Hits Train 20 June 2011
« on: June 21, 2011, 06:44:17 PM »
     This video, shown on TWC, was apparently taken from the TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) and shows a tornado hitting a train in Hamilton Nebraska on Monday night (20 June 2011).  No injuries reported thankfully.
    Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-koEXxzrk

Offline neondesert

• Forecaster
    • http://www.neondesertweather.com
Re: Tornado In Nebraska Hits Train 20 June 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »
Awesome video Mark!  Thanks for sharing!  8-)

BTW, I thought Sean Casey's goal with the TIV was to film his IMAX movie (Tornado Alley) which is already showing in theaters?

If you listened to him during the Storm Chaser series, after the movie was completed he wanted to stay home and be with his family.
I guess he changed his mind or the Discovery Channel "made him an offer he couldn't refuse!"

That's reality TV for you.  Never truly reality!
Larry
"But it's a DRY Heat!"

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: Tornado In Nebraska Hits Train 20 June 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
Awesome video Mark!  Thanks for sharing!  8-)
BTW, I thought Sean Casey's goal with the TIV was to film his IMAX movie (Tornado Alley) which is already showing in theaters?
If you listened to him during the Storm Chaser series, after the movie was completed he wanted to stay home and be with his family.
I guess he changed his mind or the Discovery Channel "made him an offer he couldn't refuse!"
That's reality TV for you.  Never truly reality!
   You are welcome Larry!  You are so right about TV.  Reality goes out the window when TV is involved.  I think it is the same thing as the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Pricipal" that says by observing a process you are changing the system you are observing (not sure if all that is the right spelling and such).  Once a TV camera is on you things change.  I can't wait to see that IMAX movie.That should be awesome!
    Mark

anything