Author Topic: Android WU App broken  (Read 8528 times)

Offline WheelinDealin

Android WU App broken
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »
It appears that the Android WU app is not longer functioning. When opened it constantly says "Couldn't update your location." and displays incorrect data. It will not give access to the wunderground map. This has been happening for about a week now. According to reviews on the Android store I am not the only one experiencing this. Funny thing is that the home screen widget still appears to be showing correct weather info even though the app is not.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: Android WU App broken
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 06:01:04 AM »
Best to go into the Application permissions for the WU App, and tap clear cache and clear storage. Then restart WU app and setup the app again. I have had this in the past but not recently and clearing the storage data usually fixes it.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 05:10:30 PM »
Thanks. That did the trick.

Offline BreedersFan1964

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:21:32 AM »
I have the problem identified in this thread, but the solution doesn't work for me. The app still cannot update its location, despite my having cleared the cache and data.

Offline ohio2112

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 09:45:26 AM »
Stopping the app and clearing just the cache sometimes fixes problems like this. Saves you from having to set it up and add back saved locations. That is what worked for me.

I've done this to fix a couple of apps that were misbehaving.

anything