Author Topic: help setting up alerts  (Read 615 times)

Offline jmwarren21

• myweatherstations.com
help setting up alerts
« on: February 18, 2017, 04:22:32 PM »
I have been trying to set up the alerts feature on my saratoga template website (http://www.myweatherstations.com), but I can not get anything to show up.  Right now, there are no advisories in effect for my zone, but I understand I should see a "none" graphic under alerts in the left sidebar.  In the nws-alerts-config.php I have the following line:

$addNone       = true;        // true=add NONE foreach location with no alerts        false= don't show any NONE
$shoNone       = true;         // true=show one 'NONE' if no alerts for all location   false=don't show one 'NONE' if no alerts for all location

Not sure exactly what I am missing here.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
Re: help setting up alerts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
Hi,

Have you added a cache directory to your website list?  There are 4 files from the NWS Alerts section that must go in there, and you need to set the folder permissions to 775.

Also, in your nws-alerts-config file, if you have 1 zone you are looking for, you may not need the comma (e.g. "Newton Falls|yourZone"). It's been a while since I set this up from scratch with 1 Zone.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline jmwarren21

• myweatherstations.com
Re: help setting up alerts
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:54:24 AM »
OK, I found the issue.  My server was not saving the permission settings.  I have it working now.  Thank you for your help. 

anything