Author Topic: VP2 Low Battery  (Read 310 times)

Offline DAVE Z

VP2 Low Battery
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:24:29 AM »
     I am getting a message on my console saying I have a low battery on station. I am no longer receiving outside temperature or rain readings. We changed the 1-2-3 battery in the outside station but that did not work to solve the problem. Does the solar cell charge a separate battery in the station? Could that be failing? the station is 10 years old.

Dave

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: VP2 Low Battery
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 02:47:48 AM »
Sounds like the supercap on the SIM board has failed. Standard options are:

1. Replace the supercap yourself if you're happy with some careful soldering. This may or may not fix the problem long-term.

2. Get a new transmitter board (but bear in mind the need for a different temperature offset).

3. Replace the whole ISS. If the station is 10 years old then inevitably everything about the ISS will be wearing and getting a new ISS would be more costly in the short term but potentially more cost-effective over the next 2-3 years.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.