Author Topic: Meteobridge affects the frequency of updates to weatherlink.com **solved**  (Read 1291 times)

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
  • In Lakatamia, Nicosia, Cyprus.
    • PWS page on WeatherLink Network
I have just started using a Meteobridge (with a TL-MR3020 from TP-Link) to upload data from my Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus console to Weather Underground. My Vantage Pro2 console is connected to my local network (LAN) through a WeatherLinkIP device. By default, WeatherLinkIP uploads data to weatherlink.com every minute.

As soon as I connected the Meteobridge to the same local network (LAN) and set it up so that it uploads data to Weather Underground every 5 minutes, the following issue arose: the updates to Weather Underground take place precisely every 5 minutes (as desired), but the uploads to weatherlink.com (from the WeatherLinkIP device) now happen sporadically, every 5 to 6 minutes (with no consistent pattern).

In other words, it appears that the Meteobridge's interaction with the WeatherLinkIP device (through the network) seems to affect the WeatherLinkIP's frequency of updates to weatherlink.com.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I would appreciate the help.

chrysnic

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:10:58 PM by docbee »
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-hr fan-aspirated radiation shield (UK/EU edition)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Meteobridge affects the frequency of updates to weatherlink.com
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:48:05 AM »
as already explained in so many threads/forums there will be a fix for it... looks in the meantime somehow close to spam to me  #-o
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
  • In Lakatamia, Nicosia, Cyprus.
    • PWS page on WeatherLink Network
Re: Meteobridge affects the frequency of updates to weatherlink.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 05:53:11 AM »
Thanks docbee,

I am sorry if it looks like spam -- it was not my intention. I just wasn't sure under which thread to post this, so I posted the message under three related threads  :-)

chrysnic
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-hr fan-aspirated radiation shield (UK/EU edition)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick