Author Topic: Acurite 5 in 1 died  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Billyram

• The Rapids
Acurite 5 in 1 died
« on: January 11, 2017, 05:46:13 PM »
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new weather station but not another Acurite. Mine has had problems from the start and has been trouble some for the almost 2 yrs I've had it. Their customer service is good but they can't fix the problems they're having.
Looking at the WS1001.
Billy

Offline valvestem

Re: Acurite 5 in 1 died
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
Sorry to hear that, I just put up a 01085RM a week and a half ago. :-|

Offline ClaireAnderson

• Best free weather app for iPhone & iPad
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »
Acurite 5 i records five basics: rainfall, wind speed and direction, outdoor temperature, and humidity. While the core weather station seems to work well, it’s comparably limited in features, even at this price level. The control panel particularly feels flimsy, and is too hampered by connectivity restrictions to merit serious consideration.
Claire Anderson
http://www.weathermate.net
San Francisco, CA, USA

Offline Billyram

• The Rapids
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:42:06 PM »
Acurite 5 i records five basics: rainfall, wind speed and direction, outdoor temperature, and humidity. While the core weather station seems to work well, it’s comparably limited in features, even at this price level. The control panel particularly feels flimsy, and is too hampered by connectivity restrictions to merit serious consideration.
I have to agree with you. I bought mine because it was cheep and didn't know about the problems Acurite was having with their FARS. With the 5 in 1 there's no radiation shield other than the fan and when it doesn't come on you get very high temp reports. The other problem happened when they went to their new My Acurite.
Billy

anything