Author Topic: installing firmware upgrades  (Read 2483 times)

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
installing firmware upgrades
« on: August 02, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »
What is the proper procedure for installing firmware upgrades to the Davis VP2 console? I've searched all over the Davis site, but couldn't find any instructions. My console firmware revision date is April 10, 2006, so I can use the direct-to-PC install :)
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline tinplate

• Forecaster
    • http://www.softwx.com/products.html
Re: installing firmware upgrades
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »
If I remember correctly, there is a readme with instructions in the zip file you download.

Remember to download the console's archive data into whatever weather software you're using, especially if you're using WeatherLink. Do it right before you upgrade the firmware. This is because the upgrade process may clear the data logger's archive data.

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:28:41 AM »
There is a firmware history.pdf, but no readme.txt. The pdf says to place the console in set up mode,and that's all, but do I not remove the power to the console before upgrading?
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline glorfindeal

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 04:06:56 PM »
Quote from: "weathergirl"
What is the proper procedure for installing firmware upgrades to the Davis VP2 console? I've searched all over the Davis site, but couldn't find any instructions. My console firmware revision date is April 10, 2006, so I can use the direct-to-PC install :)

You can use the direct to pc install.  Any firmware after 2005 is supported.  I just did mine to 1.7 from 1.6.

Glor

anything