Author Topic: Des Moines Weather Updated  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Des Moines Weather Updated
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »
I finally made the move.. Mediacom had screwed with their platform so I couldn't update my website  when I wanted to.  That prompted me to make the jump and go with a different hosting service. Mediacom still has my ISP and email, but that is all right now.

I was up late last night, and I am going to pay today,  mega tired with 5 hours sleep and finals to give and grade. Plus we get a nice ice storm tonight... just peachy.

anyway the new url: http://weatheraardvark.com/
there are things that need fixing, but we have move regardless.. kind of like that first apartment

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: Des Moines Weather Updated
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:47:36 AM »
Looking good Joe!   
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Strgazr27

• "The Cam Man"
  • Forecaster
    • Kings Park Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:20:50 AM »
Joe,

Looks GREAT! I always am envious of those that design and code their own sites  =D> Well done!
Bobby M.
Davis VP2 6152 w Daylight FARS - Logitech C525 and C310
WD - WDLive - GRLevel3 - Image Salsa - VVP - Startwatch

"http://www.kingsparkweather.com"
KNYKINGS7 on WU

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:28:47 AM »
it  isn't as much as coding.. I like Frontpage in that it is real easy to do a complicated web page.  The bad part is that it isn't made anymore, Microsoft got rid of it for another product .   I put the disks in a safe place as they are rare as hens teeth.

Anyway, home today.. worried about the power lines going down, there is 0.25 inches of ice out there .   no school... I think God doesn't want finals to happen this week.  Big snow forecasted for weekend.. see what I mean?   we are now up to June 15th for snow make up days.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
Aardvark,

How's it going?

Talked to my parents north of Carroll.  They had around an inch of ice. On the farm, lots of branches down. No electricity.

So in the last year for them,  crop destroying hail, 3 large snows and 1 inch of ice.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:08:05 PM by chief-david »

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:29:27 AM »
no school again today.. power outages.    I would have school in the buildings that have power, but then again who cares.   This is good practice for me.  It lets me know how retirement must be or unemployment.

I went out to the Jeep.. all the ice melt has froze back.. it  is real nasty.    I have to take the granddaughter to school today. Normally my wife does, but I am designated hitter... it is up a hill no less,  a steep one no less.  who builds a school up a steep hill???

ah... the power has been flickering today.. so far no wind here.   Saturday is to hit 41, then rain  and freezing rain and sleet over night.

I wondered last summer when we had this pattern of low temperatures and rain how winter was to be...  I got that figured out.

The worry is that with Saturday's rain, the water goes on the iced over rivers and that means flooding and that then freezes.   oh joy..