Author Topic: "Marty" off So.Ca.  (Read 4448 times)

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
"Marty" off So.Ca.
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
Any warnings being broadcasted pertaining to tropical storm Marty off the so. Cal. coast? I looks like it is forcasted to turn out to the Pacific.

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: "Marty" off So.Ca.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:11 PM »
   Looking on AccuWeather it looks like the conditions are not good for any intensifying in the near future.  The water temp is dropping and some wind shear is expected.  It looks like heavy waves and heavy thunderstorm activity are what is likely to have the biggest impact on the area. Looks like "another one bites the dust".  But, who knows?
Not me that's for sure.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:03:16 PM »
Let's hope it does bite the dust. Kind of lined up for Saratoga's area (Ken). I've been closely watching a hurricane east of us but it's heading up toward Japan. Yesterday it was a cat. 5 but now downgraded to cat. 4. Still, I wouldn't want to be in Japan watching that beast headed my way.  :shock:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:35:36 AM by DanS »

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
  I agree with that and I too hope this goes out to sea and fizzles.  I don't think Saratoga would put the welcome mat out for Marty.
Let's hope it does bite the dust. Kind of close to Saratoga's area (Ken). I've been closely watching a hurricane east of us but it's heading up toward Japan. Yesterday it was a cat. 5 but now downgraded to cat. 4. Still, I wouldn't want to be in Japan watching that beast headed my way.  :shock:

Offline Harryca

• Forecaster
    • Union City, CA Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 12:33:47 AM »
Looking at the projected storm track, it will go out to sea and become a remnant low by 5:00 PM Saturday.  Even if it were to try to come up the coast, it would get whacked as soon as got around Baja because the waters in that area are too cold to support any development.  There might be a chance that we might get some blowoff from it but, that would be it.   I have been watching it also anyway on my own little hurricane web page.

http://ucweather.org/hurricanepacific.php

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 01:51:19 AM »
Marty is off the south tip of the Baja California penninsula in Mexico, a LONG ways away from California.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml?epac

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 01:53:51 AM by WeatherHost »

anything