Author Topic: Wunderground map page not responding  (Read 1940 times)

Offline KDay

Wunderground map page not responding
« on: December 14, 2017, 09:19:58 PM »
For the last couple of weeks or so when I get on Wunderground map the website works fine for 1 or 2 minutes and then just stops working ( meaning I can't zoom in or out or slide the map around to see different locations). A message comes up at the bottom of my screen saying "Wunderground is not responding" and the page locks up. Is anyone else having this same problem or is it something unique to my computer? It has always worked before so I have a hard time believing it's my computer. Thanks.

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Wunderground map page not responding
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »
It's working fine on my Win7 PC using Chrome.

Offline aulen2002

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
Have had this occurrence for over a year - the page seems to "time out" when left open and needs to be refreshed.

Offline Keith Myers

• My Astrophotography photostream
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 05:17:26 PM »
The thing that is bugging me the most these past couple of days is the never ending list of my favorite locations reported for my city location. I have 3.  But the top of the page lists the two other stations other than my local city over a hundred times as duplicates.  If you try to delete the extra duplicate stations the page has to be scrolled over several pages to get to the bottom.  And deleting the extra duplicate stations is actually impossible. Once you change to your own WU station page, the favorites correct to what you really have set as favorites.  Whatever code that posts the favorites for the city location is screwed up royally.
Thought I'd better join the community since I am getting a PWS tomorrow. The closest ones to my location have been very iffy in providing data to Weather Underground.  I need a WU station to provide my local weather conditions for my PVOutput.org solar generation monitoring.

Offline KDay

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 10:04:41 PM »
Have had this occurrence for over a year - the page seems to "time out" when left open and needs to be refreshed.

Yes, and then after refreshing the page it times out again in another 60 -120 seconds. Very very annoying, practically unusable. This just started out of nowhere. Man, if you've had this for over a year it's kind of depressing to hear that.

Offline railrode1

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:27:22 PM »
It works fine on my Windows 10 pc with crome but freezes up on my Galaxy tab2. I loved the wundermap back when it would show all the different stations independently updating wind direction on the map. It sucks now...
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

anything