Author Topic: 2016 PCB on 2005 VP2  (Read 5092 times)

Offline WxLover16

• Forecaster
Re: 2016 PCB on 2005 VP2
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
...I also have a Vue console, but I wouldn't need to do anything to that when changing channels on  the VP2 console, right?

I don't recall you mentioning that before, but I presume you are saying that's an additional console that receives from your VP2.  If that's the case, then you wouldn't need to change the channel on the Vue console (and in fact looking at it's diagnostic screens would be helpful) -- until you decide to stay with the new VP2 channel.

When it started to dip into the 20s, I had a feeling I didn't change it right on the console. But again, I will try again in better weather.

Here is (roughly) the procedure:  Please pardon the "cut and paste".  And tips from folks who have actually done this would be welcome.

1. Power the console if it does not already have power.
The console automatically enters Setup Mode when powered up.

2. If the console is not in Setup Mode, press and hold DONE then press the
down arrow.  This is Setup Screen 1.
The message RECEIVING FROM... and STATION NO. followed by the
Transmitter IDs that the console detects displays on the console screen.

3. Look for the ISS Transmitter ID. The number 1 displays unless the Transmitter
ID has been changed. If the console displays the ISS Transmitter ID, the
ISS is detected.It may take several minutes for the console to acquire
and display a Transmitter ID.

4. Make a note of the station number(s) listed on the screen.  If there are more than one number, then:

5. Press DONE to move to the next screen.
Setup screen 2 allows you to change the ISS transmitter ID

6. Press the < and > keys to select the transmitter ID.
When you select a transmitter ID, the ID number is displayed on the screen as well
as the current configuration.

7. Press the + and - keys to toggle console reception of signals from transmitters using
that ID on and off.

8. Press GRAPH to change the type of station assigned to each transmitter. Scroll
through the station types - ISS, TEMP, HUM, TEMP HUM, WIND, RAIN, LEAF,
SOIL, and LEAF/SOIL - until the correct type appears.

9. Press DONE to move to the next screen.

Yes, that's just an additional console I get data from the VP2 from. Whenever it clears out, I will definitely try changing the channel again. Like you said, it couldn't hurt.
Davis Wireless VP2 SHT31 24hr 24CFM FARS

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: 2016 PCB on 2005 VP2
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 01:35:45 PM »
Yes, that's just an additional console I get data from the VP2 from. Whenever it clears out, I will definitely try changing the channel again. Like you said, it couldn't hurt.

And actually, after you change the channel on your VP2 ISS, (and work with your VP2 console), then you can watch the diagnostic screens of the Vue console (without changing its channel) to see if it is receiving anything from some other ISS.  That might be interesting.

anything