Author Topic: Question About 2 Davis Vantage Vue Consoles  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Kurtb

• Trained Weather Spotter, and CoCoRaHS member
    • Space Coast Weather
Question About 2 Davis Vantage Vue Consoles
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »
What I would like is to have my station beyond signal reach from my house. One console receives the data from the ISS, and carries it to a console in my house. I would just get a signal repeater, but I have 2 consoles already.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Question About 2 Davis Vantage Vue Consoles
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »
Not exactly sure what you doing but any number of consoles can connect to the 1 ISS, from any console connecting to the ISS, that console can re-transmit the signal on to another or number of consoles. In effect any console could re-transmit the signal again.

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »
What I would like is to have my station beyond signal reach from my house. One console receives the data from the ISS, and carries it to a console in my house. I would just get a signal repeater, but I have 2 consoles already.

That should work fine, provided that you have an location for the relaying console that is not exposed to precipitation or extreme temperatures but is within range both of the ISS and of the other console.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

Offline Kurtb

• Trained Weather Spotter, and CoCoRaHS member
    • Space Coast Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »
Thank you @pfletch101 and @Mattk.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »
That should work fine, provided that you have an location for the relaying console that is not exposed to precipitation or extreme temperatures but is within range both of the ISS and of the other console.

...and can be connected to AC power.  [Retransmit takes more power than just receiving, so battery life would be much shorter if not AC powered]

anything