Author Topic: Wunderground forecast  (Read 1154 times)

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Wunderground forecast
« on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »
What happened, the 10 day forecast has disappeared and now we have junk?
Oops, sorry, I just found the 10 day forecast tab, why can't they just leave things alone?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:28:42 PM by stevebrtx »

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
Re: Wunderground forecast
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:29:59 AM »
Also it not defaulting to my station I have to pick it from a list #-o
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »
New website design ... Why are the current conditions several rows down from the temp? Can't they do anything right?
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
In my opinion it's typical of so many and so much today, turn a bunch of "kids" lose on the project and don't give them any direction or quality check. They all want flash and videos etc. and never consider that many of us DON'T want that and our download speeds may be long to get all the junk they stuff into the site. I see it all the time, but here I have to deal with it when they change formats with no notice, they don't bother to tell you they've changed URL's affecting links etc, you're just on your own to figure it out - and in my case apologize to my viewing clients. Even my new Quicken is a stupid "white open" look, the old one was great, but I paid my last $39 to them, they're going subscription in 2018 and I'm waving goodbye.

It's the same in other industries, like music recording, the kids running boards today have severely compromised hearing due to listening to extreme "noise" on earbuds etc. and so when they mix music on the board, they tend to enhance the treble because they can't hear it, to us it's screechy and so you have a resurgence of the vinyl latter music business. But by now the "kids" are also running the companies, so they don't hear, don't care and don't service us old fogies. I guess that pretty much categorizes me - huh?

Offline Keith Myers

• My Astrophotography photostream
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
I was wondering what others thought of the new web layout.  I'm pretty sure it changed format today compared to what it has been since I joined.  Definitely have to click around to find things that were self-evident before.  I always hate when web designers decide to "prettify" a page instead of just making it functional and easily navigated.  My cynicism makes me think that they get paid on how long someone has to stay on that page just to find things.
Thought I'd better join the community since I am getting a PWS tomorrow. The closest ones to my location have been very iffy in providing data to Weather Underground.  I need a WU station to provide my local weather conditions for my PVOutput.org solar generation monitoring.

Greg_M

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:31 AM »
I hate that now they give the public an easy map to your house.

PS
When I move the station to New Mexico (this year) I will no longer contribute to WU
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:43:25 AM by Greg_M »