Author Topic: WMR100 ANTENNAS AND AC ADAPTER  (Read 1707 times)

Offline storm2710

WMR100 ANTENNAS AND AC ADAPTER
« on: October 30, 2016, 07:42:31 PM »
I recently modified my two   wmr-100 display units they both the notorious problems with the wind and rain gauge dropping out due to weak signal reception, when using software , virtual weather , wx logger or cumulus the software would fail or cause the display wind to lock up or the software would freeze due to the weak signal received from the wmr-100 the solution i found that works was to add more antenna inside the display unit , i stripped the center conductor (copper wire) out of a piece of rg-6 coax .  disassembled the display  bent and formed the wire to run along side the existing antennas making them longer , the longer the better , and soldered them to the board where the existing antennas are leaving the existing antennas intact, now i have a strong signal with no drop outs or software issues . For those who need an ac adapter for the wmr-100  it is almost impossible to find , the solution disassemble the display , you will see where the existing plug is mounted with 2 screws remove it  run your cable from your ac adapter thew the existing hole tie a knot in the cable to keep from pulling out and solder to the board where the plug was soldered   unit requires a  6volt 300ma adapter  you can use a larger ma output if you want  i used a 6volt 700ma   which works fine

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: WMR100 ANTENNAS AND AC ADAPTER
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »
My console started showing dashes for rain all of a sudden... I flicked the back of the console with my middle finger like a spring off my thumb and the signal came back. LOL

anything