Author Topic: SOLVED! Peet Ultimiter 100 using both serail ports at the same time it wont!  (Read 790 times)

Offline musicman100

Update: I went back and re-read the specs and cut sheet, only the 2100 offers two serial ports, even though the 100 has two port connections, one on the side of the display and one on the junction box, they apparently are either/or, so I should have my issue rectified when the 2100 arrives.

I have the Ultimeter 100 (soon to be replaced with a 2100 but I am sure the same applies) that is connected to a Byonics RTG  via its serial port with wx-trak firmware  to send APRS weather.

I have an Acu-Rite color station connected to a mini PC(via ist USB port) running Weather Display.For several reasons I want to move the weather display software/PC to the Ultimeter 100, but have not had real success in getting both serial ports to play properly.

Upon hooking up the WD PC via a USB to serial convertor to the Peet I see the data led light, bit no numbers advance and the data quality is red  and no readings show up on the WD GUI. I can run a terminal emulator and see data coming in so I know the Peet is outputting data.

The Peet is in data logger mode and I have tried with and without the 4.7 K resistor strapped across 2 and 3 , disconnecting the Byonics has no effect on the PC.
I knoq it should work because the illustrations show you can hook up two devices to the Peet although one is a display and the other the PC, I am wondering if the data ports are buffered and seperate?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:05:46 PM by musicman100 »