Author Topic: Hikvision Dome Camera  (Read 799 times)

Offline CaptMike

• Weather Station ID: KAKWASIL87
Hikvision Dome Camera
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »
I had a quick survey of my place by a security outfit specializing in security cams.  They are a Hikvision AD.  The guy recommended this camera - http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10532_i7567.html - which is a dome camera.  I am in the process of looking for the bullet vs dome cam threads.  He was certainly open to using bullet cams also.  But recommended these in the estimate.  They would be primarily security cams routed into an NVR, then be able to be accessed via my various Mac products.  He will also install my StarDot cam I that has been sitting in the box for too long.

He says that any of the images will be able to be sent to WU.  Which was just my original intention with the StarDot.  It wouldn't hurt me to have some security cams, so I am good with that. 

WU says there are two ways to upload webcam images - URL and FTD.  Which will be the best way to do that from these cameras?  The StarDot is out, because it is a 10MP camera.  I will probably stream that to a web page, or something.  That is when I have everything else dialed in.

Also, do dome cameras provide a decent weather cam image.  Thank you.