Author Topic: Current data not being downloaded - again  (Read 1109 times)

Offline NineToTheSky

Current data not being downloaded - again
« on: April 13, 2016, 05:56:55 AM »
Some time ago I had a problem with the current data not being downloaded which was answered here successfully.

Now I have the same problem again, and I think I have gone through the same process, but this time without success. The problem started yesterday (the 12th) with only the data to the 11th being downloaded. I have deleted all the .wlk files and the datalists and datasets files. I have disconnected the data logger and removed and reinserted the logger. Still only the data to the 11th is being downloaded. I have checked that the date and time correspond on my PC and the logger.

Does anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:01:00 AM by NineToTheSky »

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
Re: Current data not being downloaded - again
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 06:27:26 AM »
Very Important... did you remove the power(AC/batteries) before you unplugged the logger and supply power after installing the logger? VP2 or Vue? Some early Vue consoles had to have something to hold the logger in place(between logger and cover).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:30:34 AM by moehoward4 »
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline NineToTheSky

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
Yes, I did remove the power. Vue. The logger clicks in to place.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
Some time ago I had a problem with the current data not being downloaded which was answered here successfully.

Now I have the same problem again, and I think I have gone through the same process, but this time without success. The problem started yesterday (the 12th) with only the data to the 11th being downloaded. I have deleted all the .wlk files and the datalists and datasets files. I have disconnected the data logger and removed and reinserted the logger. Still only the data to the 11th is being downloaded. I have checked that the date and time correspond on my PC and the logger.

It would have been useful to tell us what software you are using, and what version(s).  And what kind of logger you are using.  And the names of the .wlk files you deleted. 

Are you saying that data for the 11th, 12th, and today are being downloaded?  Or just what you said: "only the data to the 11th being downloaded" (meaning that all data up to some time on the 11th is being downloaded, but NOT data for the 12th or today)?  Or ????

And if it's the latter - how do you know it's being downloaded?

Offline NineToTheSky

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:28:20 AM »
I am using WeatherLink 6.0.3, rev 2.14. The data logger just says Davis Instruments WeatherLink Data Logger on the top, and underneath it says mfg code C01122J20 LL. I hope that is what you want to know.

The .wlk are in the VantageV folder and I have deleted (and backed up) all the .wlk files from 2011-07 to the current one which is 2016-04.wlk. After removing them, and after resetting the data logger (as above), the only ones that are recreated are 2016-03.wlk and 2016-04.wlk.

The data stopped being downloaded at 10.30 11/04/16. Every time I reset the logger, which I have done several times, the downloaded runs from 26/3/16 to 10.30 11/4/16. Nothing after that time appears.

I hope that this information is what you need. Please ask if there is anything else.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 10:30:48 AM »
.... The data logger just says Davis Instruments WeatherLink Data Logger on the top, and underneath it says mfg code C01122J20 LL.

I was really suggesting to say what kind of logger - serial, USB, or IP - sometimes that is important information, but probably not needed here.

I'm also presuming that your console is displaying correct, current data.

What download interval does your setup use?

In any case, I suggest you consider simply clearing the archived data in the logger (using WeatherLink).  Warning: that will lose all of your data stored in the logger, but then it might work going forward. 

Altrnatively, consider going through the setup process to set up a "new station" (i.e., new name).