Author Topic: "Self Built"sites  (Read 24182 times)

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
Re: "Self Built"sites
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »
Here's mine...still a few things I would like to change graphically on the front page, but it's getting there.
www.lfweathercenter.comi

I really like it. Nice work!
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:47 AM »
Here's mine...still a few things I would like to change graphically on the front page, but it's getting there.
www.lfweathercenter.com

Nice, I like it, lots of info but still quite clear and understandable.

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
Mine's in the link. If you happen to be viewing websites on a portrait oriented (rotated) monitor you will need to scroll.

Offline robereno

• Descanso/Sherilton Valley Weather
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 09:49:27 AM »
I can’t claim to be very creative as basically I just used one of the templates that came with VWS and filled in the blanks. The few locals that visit are mainly interested in the weather extremes and rain data so I have those cells front and center. I’m playing with a new camera and for now the image is a little large and over powering. I’ll decrease that after I’m finished playing with it so it displays better on smaller monitors. Trying to keep it simple.
http://creekbed.org/weather/wx.htm

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »
I can’t claim to be very creative as basically I just used one of the templates that came with VWS and filled in the blanks. The few locals that visit are mainly interested in the weather extremes and rain data so I have those cells front and center. I’m playing with a new camera and for now the image is a little large and over powering. I’ll decrease that after I’m finished playing with it so it displays better on smaller monitors. Trying to keep it simple.
http://creekbed.org/weather/wx.htm

Mine also started out as a few of the VWS templates. I'll have dig up some old screen shots to show how it has progressed.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
I want a website for my personal use but I'm not that good at html, and css. I am looking for templates to use but i am having trouble finding anything good. Can anyone suggest any good to use?

Thanks
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2015, 08:47:36 AM »
I want a website for my personal use but I'm not that good at html, and css. I am looking for templates to use but i am having trouble finding anything good. Can anyone suggest any good to use?

Thanks

Have you looked at this? http://saratoga-weather.org/scripts.php

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »

Thanks
Depending on weather station (must work with software) certain 3rd party software's have pre-made templates compatible with software like Cumulus & WD.
Cumulus software has its own standard templates.  As mentioned the php Saratoga templates looks professional and uses ajax for live updates which is not included with the standard Cumulus templates.

Other pre-made templates made by individuals like Jachym may be another option.

Randy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
 :grin: Yes, I am at the finishing line, just checked everything and it seems working. The last thing I need to sort out is updating the database with new data, which is something I need help with and Ive asked about it here on the forum. I need help from somebody as to how to configure WD/cumulus, it shouldnt be difficult and if I get this sorted out I can send alpha version to my first testers  8-)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »

Thanks
Maybe this for Cumulus or for WeatherDisplay.

The menu you see on the links are for region 'europe'.  There are some extra and replacement pages  for the regions 'america' and 'canada'. It is a pity that for the 'other' region there are far less pages.

Using the yellow box on top you can see the different versions for everyone of the 11 supported weather-programs. Also there are links to go to the 'america' and 'canada' versions of the template.

Yes it is big, but is has a Wiki and a support page

Current version is 2.6g
The version at the two links is stable version 2.7beta which will be officialy out at July, 1 this year.

Wim
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:54:00 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
    • Highlands Ranch Weather
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
I'll throw my site into the mix.  It was built using asp.net and backed by a database I have a Windows service upload to.  I am in the process of converting it to MVC and I hope to redesign it a bit.

http://www.highlandsranchweather.com

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2015, 03:02:04 PM »
I'll throw my site into the mix.  It was built using asp.net and backed by a database I have a Windows service upload to.  I am in the process of converting it to MVC and I hope to redesign it a bit.

http://www.highlandsranchweather.com

Wow, really nice, I like it and it definately has a lot of information. Really good job, must have taken you quite some time to do as well. Keep up the good work!

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »
HA...since I started this top a long time ago, I figured I'd re-post in it.  I no longer have the "self built" site I started the thread with but I have recently put together this one now.

Anyone else in this thread change their's up during the past year?

http://www.ponchatoulawx.com

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »
I guess you could say I changed mine too, my original site is now completely discontinued and I transformed it into Meteotemplate. The DEMO actually uses data from my own station so it is a replacement for the original. Looking at the code now there is maybe about 0.5% from the original, lot of new stuff and since this is how I learn PHP, I discovered much more efficient and new ways of doing things so replaced most of the original code too even though some pages look the same on the outside.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:34 PM »
HA...since I started this top a long time ago, I figured I'd re-post in it.  I no longer have the "self built" site I started the thread with but I have recently put together this one now.

LOL...When I saw your new site in a different post, I almost suggested you post it here...then I realized you had started this thread.

The only big change to my page is the addition of the "SUMMARY FOR YESTERDAY" under my almanac.

The attached example is from a particularly warm day about two weeks ago (highlights were added for a Facebook post).
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 09:24:38 AM »

LOL...When I saw your new site in a different post, I almost suggested you post it here...then I realized you had started this thread.

The only big change to my page is the addition of the "SUMMARY FOR YESTERDAY" under my almanac.

The attached example is from a particularly warm day about two weeks ago (highlights were added for a Facebook post).

That's a really nice addition.  I'm trying to find an alternative way to get local warnings/advisories and such as I'm not liking the frame solution I'm currently using with the atom-advisory script.  I know there's a way to use RSS, and someone showed me how, but for the life of me, I cannot find that information.

Offline wcrowder

• Crowderfarm
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 06:29:24 PM »

http://www.ponchatoulawx.com

That's really cool. I just used the Saratoga template dashboard and ported it to "bootstrap" for mobile. Ran out of time to work on it. It wasn't that hard.  Would be nice to see a "responsive" template that works in a page.  Another day and I could finish it, but it's spring and I don't have time... I'm a novice, but it wasn't that hard...  www.crowderfarm.com

I just came back to this, Adobe Flash is dead, your local radar screen won't work on anything apple, or Windows 10 pc's unless you break the rules... Adobe even says it's dead, NWS is pulling away from it, and they are slower then MS... Firefox is dead to these scripts, without jumping thru hoops.  Actually the only one that works is Chrome, if you install Flash, which is not recommended by the current owners of the trademark..

Just saying...

Edited to add the second paragraph...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:43:06 PM by wcrowder »
http://www.crowderfarm.com
Just playing around, work in progress. :)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »
Very nice, it is always great to see new ideas. I really like it, the only thing I would maybe consider is the font-size. To me it looks a bit like if I zoomed the page, maybe decreasing font-size of certain sections would also allow not having to scroll that much. Especially in the menu. But either way, good job  =D> =D> =D>

Offline MGCJerry

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2016, 07:55:52 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. The font size has always been a pain for me to keep (failing eyes). I have modified the CSS a bit, in effort to solve the font size problem.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »
I know, it was only a suggestion, the menu just seemed way too big for me, but I know that obviously some people might find it a bit difficult to see small font. I actually once got an email from a guy asking if it would be possible to increase the font size of the labels of axes and points in the graphs in my template. So what I did is there is now a parameter in the setup where you can change this and it is then applied globally to all pages. So you can either use the default, or make it smaller/bigger.

It always depends on what you like and also on what is actually on the page.

Offline sjansse

• Weerstation Reuver Noord
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »
I don't no much about ajax/php.
My site was build by my son.

http://www.solarreuver.nl

Offline Tanner Ryan

• Hamilton Weather
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »
I'm a little late to this, but here is mine: Hamilton Weather
Tanner Ryan
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Hamilton Weather

Offline wcrowder

• Crowderfarm
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »
This is mine, been awhile since I've been on here. I took the Saratoga templates and converted them Bootstrap. Yes the site is simple, but it works on mobile. Neighbors and kids don't use computers anymore. Has to work on a phone/tablet.  I'll clean it up as I get time, but for my purposes it works... :) Sometimes simple is better.

http://crowderfarm.com/weather.php
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:54:37 PM by wcrowder »

Offline wcrowder

• Crowderfarm
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:42 PM »
I'm a little late to this, but here is mine: Hamilton Weather

Pretty cool... Good job!!!! Where do I get the "Interactive" radar map?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:58:50 PM by wcrowder »

Offline crazyhorse

• NC Weather Happens
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2016, 01:26:21 PM »
As always, it is a work in progress, but it has generated substantial traffic in the area. Check it out and please feel free to critique NC Weather Happens
ncwxhappens.com

anything