Author Topic: 2nd Logitech C920.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
2nd Logitech C920.
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »
With plans to move half of my station to the roof the cameras will go up there as well. I have a C510 and C920. Right now the C510 is not working due to a driver crash after a computer crash about 2 months ago. I like the quality of the C920 and want to get a 2nd. Question is, will the drivers have problems with 2+ of the same device?

Reason I'm asking is in the past I used wireless systems. At one point I had a Uniden and GE wireless. When ever I connected both receivers to the computer the program would crash unless I disconnected one or the other. Since the stuff is going on the roof where there's an eagle eye view I want to take advantage of this and locate different cameras in different directions. The better the camera the better the image.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: 2nd Logitech C920.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »
With plans to move half of my station to the roof the cameras will go up there as well. I have a C510 and C920. Right now the C510 is not working due to a driver crash after a computer crash about 2 months ago. I like the quality of the C920 and want to get a 2nd. Question is, will the drivers have problems with 2+ of the same device?

Reason I'm asking is in the past I used wireless systems. At one point I had a Uniden and GE wireless. When ever I connected both receivers to the computer the program would crash unless I disconnected one or the other. Since the stuff is going on the roof where there's an eagle eye view I want to take advantage of this and locate different cameras in different directions. The better the camera the better the image.
the Lpgotech driver will only set one camera... any cameras after that assume the settings of the first detected and set. Now, it also depends on what your using to upload/stream. The Logitech software will only work with one camera at a time. Software like Webcamxp/7/pro will find the cameras, but the settings will depend on the Logitech software, and only on the one that is 'settable'... Yeah, I know it's confusing... the Logitech software is written to only handle one camera... but...

Now, I run 3 c920s with the hubble fix, and 2 c910s. Get a C910 pro, if you can still find 'em... they're 5mpx as opposed to the C920, but cost a bit more. And they're out of production. Amazon still had some... just make sure you're not getting a B910.
Check the Hubble thread on the forum for lots of info...

Mike

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Re: 2nd Logitech C920.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »
I did a little research and found for 20-40$ they make outdoor rated surveillance cameras that plug directly into a computer via USB. I'm going to do extensive research to compare quality. After my issues with Uniden and Swann systems I'm taking caution on not buying junk. Have some shopping to do.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.