Author Topic: Castle Rock, Colorado  (Read 1667 times)

Offline wxcrw

• Castle Rock Weather.org
Castle Rock, Colorado
« on: August 29, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
Located in Castle Rock, Colorado, which is about 30 miles south of Denver.  Our weather station is ~100 feet above the town, at an elevation of 6804 feet.

We have unique weather, due to the altitude, typically 5-10 degrees cooler than the town. Snowing here, while the town gets rain. High winds when the rest of the area is dead calm. It was because of these discrepancies that propelled us to purchase a weather station. That initial purchase grew into a functioning web site used by neighbors, schools, and the town. 

Weather station is a Davis Vantage Pro2 (6152). We are running Virtual Weather Station V14.00p31. Our immediate projects are WeatherFlash (demo currently); WeatherPC upgrade; Webcam (need to install); Nexrad images; and NOAA radio for Franktown, CO signal (no internet broadcast of this signal yet).

We are providing weather for Castlewood Ranch Subdivision / Castle Rock, Colorado / Douglas County / Elbert County above 6000 feet.

You all have been an inspiration to me to improve the quality of my data, usability of my website, and to begin to provide unique content for my community.

www.castlerockweather.org

Thanks,
Shawn
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:12:27 AM by wxcrw »
Castle Rock Weather
www.castlerockweather.org

anything