Author Topic: Problem with Meade TE923WM setup  (Read 3483 times)

Offline sizwizz

Problem with Meade TE923WM setup
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
I bought my husband a Meade TE923WM Professional Weather Station for his birthday.  For the most part, we have it set up, but there are a few problems the manual does not cover.  The main problem is, if we set the  sea level barometric pressure, (which matches with the NOAA website), then scroll to "feet", (which is how many feet we are actually located), it says we're at 870 ft.  We're at 630 ft.  When we try to change the "feet" numbers manually, it changes the sea level barometric pressure, and makes it incorrect.  So we're stuck with either correct sea level readings, or correct local readings, but can't seem to have both.  Any suggestions?  Am I confusing you?

Also, we can't get the UV meter to connect with the main unit.  All we get is one blink of the red light, which according to the manual indicates it's sending a signal to the unit, but it never blinks again, and never has registered any reading, even while standing in front of the main unit.

Thanks for any help!

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: Problem with Meade TE923WM setup
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »
you want to only have and use sea level adjusted barometer
otherwise you just have a fancy altimeter  #-o
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline sizwizz

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
Thank you. We're okay with that. Just wish the manual was more informative about these matters.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
Hi Sizwizz and welcome to the forum!
Is it possible to do a complete reset to be able to adjust the altitude to 630' then go to the 'local' settings to set your local barometric pressure (nearby airport, tv/radio report.etc.), bypassing the 'sea level' settings?

If not, can you try setting your altitude to 630' then 'sea level' pressure to 29.92 inhg (worldwide sea level standard) to see if that works?

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
I bought my husband a Meade TE923WM Professional Weather Station for his birthday.  For the most part, we have it set up, but there are a few problems the manual does not cover.  The main problem is, if we set the  sea level barometric pressure, (which matches with the NOAA website), then scroll to "feet", (which is how many feet we are actually located), it says we're at 870 ft.  We're at 630 ft.  When we try to change the "feet" numbers manually, it changes the sea level barometric pressure, and makes it incorrect.  So we're stuck with either correct sea level readings, or correct local readings, but can't seem to have both.  Any suggestions?  Am I confusing you?

Also, we can't get the UV meter to connect with the main unit.  All we get is one blink of the red light, which according to the manual indicates it's sending a signal to the unit, but it never blinks again, and never has registered any reading, even while standing in front of the main unit.

Thanks for any help!

How long do you wait on the UV unit?  It only sends a signal out to the base every 300 seconds (five minutes).
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline sizwizz

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »
How long do you wait on the UV unit?  It only sends a signal out to the base every 300 seconds (five minutes).

I've waited more than 5 minutes.  There is an icon on the main unit to indicate communication between the two units, and there is no activity showing at all... even after the one and only flash that I get.  I tried the obvious, changing the batteries, but still nothing.   :-(

anything