Author Topic: Homestation Weather34  (Read 826 times)

Offline alexeysailman

• MORSKAYA10 WEATHER STATION
Homestation Weather34
« on: February 23, 2019, 07:34:45 AM »
Hi.
Do setup the Weather34 template  and now I have a few questions:
- please tell me how to add another kind of measurement units (millimetre mercury)
- where does the request for darksky.net? I want to add a forecast from this site for a language pack that is not in Weather34 template
Thanks.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Homestation Weather34
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 12:14:35 AM »
At present, the only display units (and conversions) available for Barometric pressure are inHg, mb/hPa  -- there is not an option for mmHg

The DarkSky forecasts come in a variety of languages .. which language did you wish to add?

Also, there are 4 versions of the Weather34 template set and it does make a difference which one you choose to implement your additional language.
Meteobridge/MB-NANO is supported by Brian Underdown (the original author)
Cumulus/ (and WeatherCat, WeeWX with realtime.txt) is supported by me
Weather-Display is supported by Wim van der Kuil
WeeWx is supported by Ian

So.. which weather software are you going to use.. your choice determines which variety of the Weather34 template you need to use.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline alexeysailman

• MORSKAYA10 WEATHER STATION
Re: Homestation Weather34
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 02:17:08 AM »
Good day.
I'm only at the "very beginning" of a weather enthusiast, so don't be confused by my questions, which may seem silly or banal :?
You said: At present, the only display units (and conversions) available for Barometric pressure are inHg, mb/hPa  -- there is not an option for mmHg...
I understand all this, I was wondering if there is an opportunity to add a correction factor for conversion to mmHg, by myself? I think it's inconvenient to
ask the author Brian Underdown to add another unit of measure or language pack only because I need to.

As for the forecasts from DarkSky, need Russian.

I'm using the version of Weather34 adapted for Meteobridge (Davis Vantge Pro2 ISS + Davis Weather Envoy 8X and USB Davis data logger + TL-MR3020 V3).

Everything works great, and if there was an opportunity to add Russian to the forecasts from Dark Sky and a new dimension as mmHg - I would be happy.

anything